"Closing clubs is never easy and we're committed to working with impacted members and associates through this transition", the company wrote.
"Retail is changing rapidly and we are transforming to meet the needs of our customers", the company said.
"We know this is hard news for our associates and we are working to place as many of them as possible at nearby locations", Sam's Club CEO John Furner said.
Sam's Club, which first opened in 1983 in Oklahoma but has since expanded across the country and overseas, is a chain of warehouses operated as clubs offering memberships.
Sam's Club stores in Alaska are set to close this month, a company spokeswoman said Thursday.
Giggs in talks to be new Wales coach
Giggs is the first person to be formally spoken to, however, with the Daily Mail claiming that talks took place on Friday morning. It is understood that Bellamy and Roberts, who is the FAW's technical director, also have their supporters at the Welsh FA.
Sam's Club, the membership-only warehouse chain, today announced plans to close dozens of locations across the country. Some customer demanded to be refunded for their memberships to the club, which cost from $45 to $100 per year. The two other Houston-area Clubs closing are located at 1615 South Loop East and 13331 Westheimer in the Eldridge Parking shopping center. Typically, companies warn investors and shoppers - and employees - that they will be closing stores far in advance.
News of the closings came on the same day Walmart announced it would be boosting starting salaries for employees and giving bonuses after the passage of the new tax law in Washington D.C. Up to 12 are being converted into distribution centers to handle online orders, the company said late Thursday.
BJ's, which has 215 clubs in 16 states, also said that it has "had numerous inquiries from Sam's Club employees" about obtaining jobs. But right now, she has just three. Delia Garcia, a Walmart spokeswoman, confirmed that all of those locations will have their last day of operations January 26.
- Worth Watching Stock Sarepta Therapeutics, Inc. (SRPT)
- Indian Google techie held for molesting US woman at Delhi hotel
- Serena Williams: 'Everything went bad' in medical ordeal after giving birth
- Here's What You Need To Know About The Meltdown And Spectre Bugs
- After Wet Winter Storm, Thomas Fire Declared 100% Contained
- Djokovic happy with return ahead of Open
- National Weather Service backs down Thursday snowfall forecast for Douglas County
- Helicopter with seven onboard goes missing from Mumbai
- Donald Trump uses words too vulgar, racist for media to translate
- Analysts See $2.59 EPS for Canadian Pacific Railway Limited (CP)