The move follows Sheikha Alia Ahmed's sending of a separate letter to Guterres on Thursday in relation to a prior violation of Qatar's airspace by the UAE on December 21 of previous year.
"We are working to respond to it officially with evidence", the UAE's Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, Anwar Gargash, said on Friday.
The QNA report said Qatar's ambassador to the United Nations sent a message to U.N. Secretary-General Antonio Guterres and the president of the Security Council regarding the alleged violation, which it said occurred on December 21 at 9:45 a.m. local time and lasted one minute.
In its new complaint, Qatar said "that the repetition of this awful incident.is evidence of the UAE authorities continuing their approach to violating global law, conventions, charters and worldwide norms".
Citizens Financial Group (CFG) Lifted to "Outperform" at BMO Capital Markets
The company has a market capitalization of $22,090.00, a price-to-earnings ratio of 18.18, a PEG ratio of 0.99 and a beta of 1.37. Bluemar Capital Management Llc bought 13,796 shares as the company's stock declined 8.64% while stock markets rallied.
The plane was traveling from the UAE to Bahrain on 3 January when it flew over Qatar's special economic zone "without prior authorisation", the foreign ministry said in a statement.
The Qatar News Agency's report said that Sheikha Alia Ahmad bin Saif Al Thani, the permanent representative of Qatar to the United Nations, sent two identical letters to UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres and the head of the Security Council. Qatar has denied the charges and upgraded trade with Iran and Turkey since then to decrease the impact of sanctions.
Qatar's United Nations envoy said Doha would take all necessary measures required to defend its borders, airspace and national security in order to preserve its legitimate sovereign right in accordance with global laws if such violations were repeated.
- Tiger franchise: Third instalment will not have Salman Khan?
- Do What Institutional Investors Does: Pepsico, Inc. (PEP), Parsley Energy, Inc. (PE)
- Church school supporter is new Education Secretary
- Japan urges Suu Kyi to ensure Rohingya's safe return
- Neeson says Hollywood experiencing 'a bit of a witch hunt'
- Howard Weil Upgrades Patterson-UTI Energy (PTEN) to "Sector Outperform"
- Will Balayya hit the bull's eye with Jai Simha?
- Carr lifts PSU to win over Nebraska
- Marathon Trading Investment Management LLC Takes Position in Chevron Co. (CVX)
- Notable Buzzer: Becton, Dickinson and Company (BDX)