Apart from the associated Union Ministers, the meeting was attended by Rajiv Kumar, Vice Chairman in the NITI Aayog and senior officers from the Union Government and the NITI Aayog. Prime Minister's interaction them focused on finding ways to doubling farmers' income.
"Prime Minister Narendra Modi will interact with leading economists and the experts across sectors from all over the country at NITI Aayog tomorrow", an official statement said on Tuesday. "Someone said that it is time now to target on job growth", Kumar informed media.
Niti Aayog has set up a task force to examine high frequency employment data. We have done a very large exercise after data analytics and have come out with data in contrast with what the Labour Bureau data show.
Rajiv Kumar, vice-chairman of federal policy think tank NITI Aayog, which organized the discussion, said at a briefing that many experts suggested measures for raising farm productivity, reducing cost of farming and improving market access for farmers.
State senate committee approves bill allowing Sunday carryout alcohol sales
That measure would allow convenience stores, big box retailers and pharmacies to sell cold - and not just warm - beer. For the latest breaking news and stories from across the Tri-State, follow Eyewitness News on Facebook and Twitter .
The Niti Aayog Vice-Chairman said all the participants unanimously supported the National Medical Commission Bill, which has been referred to a parliamentary committee for scrutiny.
In his intervention, the PM took note of the participants' suggestions and observations on various aspects of the economy.
Various groups interacted amongst themselves and then crystallised their ideas and made presentation before the PM, Kumar said, adding there were experts from all across the country - regional representation, sectoral representation.
According to the latest forecast from the Central Statistics Office, the economy expanded at 6% in the six months ended 30 September and will complete FY18 with a 6.5% growth, implying a 7% expansion in the second half ending 31 March. It was 7.5 percent in 2014-15.
- Weird dim star isn't due to alien megastructure - it's just dust
- Theresa May to start shifting ministers in Cabinet reshuffle
- Federal Government Grants LA Millions To Combat Homelessness
- History should not be distorted, says Mamata Banerjee after receiving DLitt degree
- Wi-Fi Alliance WPA3 Launch Improves Healthcare Network Security
- Catalonia sticks with 'exiled' leader
- Mariah Carey: I Didn't Steal Meryl Streep's Seat on goal !
- Johnson Controls' Cortana-powered thermostat is up for pre-order in March
- Southwestern Energy (SWN) Raised to "Buy" at ValuEngine
- Youth Arrested For Issuing Death Threat To Bihar CM Nitish Kumar