Ironically, Steyn, with his two wickets in the Indian first innings, has 419 Test scalps and needs only three wickets more to go past Shaun Pollock as the highest wicket-taker in Tests for South Africa.
He bowled with rhythm, speed and craft before leaving the field in pain on Saturday, the second day of the first Test here. A decision on whether he would bat hadn't yet been made.
"Generally you need rest", Moosajee said, saying there was "significant" bruising and tissue damage on Steyn's foot. However, with India's bowlers challenging South Africa, they may opt to include a seventh specialist batsman in the XI and all of Olivier, Ngidi, Morris or Phehlukwayo could be benched. Pace bowling great Dale Steyn's comeback has proved short-lived. He had made his Test debut against Sri Lanka a year ago in Johannesburg where he took five wickets in the match but has not been able to establish himself as a regular member of the side against strong competition. He couldn't complete his 18th over and was limping slightly as he headed to the dressing rooms at Newlands.
Analysts See $2.59 EPS for Canadian Pacific Railway Limited (CP)
Caisse DE Depot ET Placement DU Quebec raised its position in Canadian National Railway Company by 1.9% in the second quarter. First Manhattan invested in 0% or 1,522 shares. 5,105 were reported by Crestwood Grp Incorporated Limited Liability Company.
Steyn, 34, had not played in a first-class match since suffering a fractured shoulder in a Test in Australia in November 2016.
A team spokesman said the injury was being assessed and treated.
"This unfortunate injury was freakish because of the way he landed in the footholds, and is in no way related to his bowling loads or not being match ready", he further added. Now he will not play in this match.
- After Wet Winter Storm, Thomas Fire Declared 100% Contained
- Who'd prefer their country to Trump's US? Norwegians would
- Hot Trending Stocks: Schlumberger Limited (SLB), CVS Health Corporation (CVS)
- Rafael Nadal, Halep named top seeds for Australian Open
- Kohl's (KSS) Lifted to Overweight at JPMorgan Chase & Co
- Worth Watching Stock Sarepta Therapeutics, Inc. (SRPT)
- NBC apologizes for, deletes "Our president" Oprah tweet
- Comcast (CMCSA) Reaches New 12-Month High at $42.56
- 17 dead in California mudslides, 100 homes destroyed
- Bautista Agut pips Delpo in Auckland