The Reds confirmed previous year that they had successfully agreed a £48m deal to sign Keita on July 1, 2018, but the recent sale of Philippe Coutinho has forced the Reds to attempt to bring the transfer forward.
So if Keita were to join Liverpool early, which shirt number could he take?
However, has been given encouragement that RB Leipzig could be willing to let their man go earlier after his form has suffered since the summer.
Reports emerged from Germany late on Friday that claimed Keita will play his last game for Leipzig against Schalke today and will move to Liverpool in the coming days.
It's a fee the Reds could easily afford following the departure of Philippe Coutinho and Keita's quality could come in handy as Jurgen Klopp's side push to finish in the top four.
Walker calls for closure of Wisconsin's juvenile prison
Jessica Feierman, associate director of Juvenile Law Center, said Thursday that the plan "is a huge step forward for Wisconsin". Converting Lincoln Hills into an adult facility "is a case of throwing out the baby with the bathwater", Crevier said.
The news sparked rumours that Keita was preparing for life in England.
There are suggestions on Friday night that Naby Keita will complete his move to Liverpool this weekend.
A company under the name "NK8 LIMITED" has been registered on the Companies House website.
"My understanding is there's nothing to say about it", the German said, per the Independent.
European's elite competition could be a vital factor in any possible deal though as RB Leipzig are fighting for qualification into the Champions League and may want to hold on to such a player.
- Koreas to hold talks on sending Northern art troupe to Olympics
- WTA Sydney - Angelique Kerber beat Ashleigh Barty to win a title again!
- Coeur Mining Inc (CDE) Expected to Post Earnings of $0.08 Per Share
- LeBron James called out of bounds on potentially game-winning possession
- 'Significant' Activity Spotted At North Korea's Nuclear-Testing Site
- PyeongChang Winter Olympics medals
- U.S. oil hits highest since 2014, worries grow of overheated market
- Claressa Shields ends Tori Nelson's unbeaten record
- Corporate Office Properties Trust's (OFC) "Hold" Rating Reiterated at Jefferies Group LLC
- Arlington denies permit to MLK parade that was to feature Gov. Abbott