Immediately after the advert went out, many blacks across the world went after it and called the advert racist.
The Swedish multinational clothing-retail company said in the apology statement, "We understand that many people are upset about the image of the children's hoodie".
Following the massive backlash, H&M issued a hasty apology on Instagram yesterday.
A Facebook exchange involving a woman named Terry Mango, a Kenyan national who resides and works in Sweden, was posted to the Instagram account of Instablog9ja - a verified account that accepts user submitted stories and seems to focus on content from Africa (predominantly Nigeria). We're deeply sorry that the picture was taken, and we also regret the actual print.
H&M ultimately removed the image from the website and took the product out of rotation, promising to recycle the unsold garments. This is without any doubt. "We will thoroughly investigate why this happened to prevent this type of mistake from happening again".
OR secures victory against Arizona by 18 - Recap, Box score
OR used a late spurt to go up eight points and hit four free throws in the final 32 seconds to earn its biggest win of the season. Sam Thomas topped Arizona with 14 points and 11 rebounds, while Kat Wright and JaLea Bennett scored 12 and 10, respectively.
While most of the criticism has fallen on H&M for deciding to run the "racist" image on their United Kingdom website, Terry reported that some social media users have turned on her for daring to speak out, even directing the "monkey" term back at the mother herself.
According to a screenshot reported by BET, Mango said, "That's my son..."
THE mum of a child model at the centre of the H&M racism storm claims she has been racially abused after saying people should "get over it". He participated in all the photo shoots of clothing and this was no exception.
The mother of the black boy from the H&M picture has spoken and she doesn't see the big deal about the sweater. To make matter worse, the white model was made to wear, a shirt with the inscription, "Mangrove Jungle Survival Expert". And we ain't going for it! I see a Young King! The ruler of the world, an untouchable Force that can never be denied!
- Is Chesapeake Energy Corp (NYSE:CHK) Going to Burn These Institutional Investors?
- Passport may not work as address proof anymore
- PPL (NYSE:PPL) Earning Somewhat Favorable Press Coverage, Study Shows
- Bray Capital Advisors Reduces Position in Amazon.com, Inc
- Venezuela: four useless, 28 lacking as boat sinks in Caribbean
- Bigger screens, boosted performance: Standout TVs from CES 2018
- Golden Globes ratings down a tick for NBC despite powerful night
- Medvedev wins 1st career title at Sydney International
- Analysts Opinions on: Cisco Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:CSCO)
- Raiders to hire Cable as offensive line coach