Back in September, the Reds were ripped apart by the Citizens 5-0 at the Etihad Stadium but at Anfield, Klopp's men will hold stronger cards so it will be an intriguing battle.
"He's not guaranteed to start every game and that's not a problem".
"This season at Stamford Bridge we were able to do that, but we still have to go to Anfield and [play away] against Arsenal and Tottenham".
However, City have a poor record at Anfield, having not won at the historic ground since May 2003 - nearly 15 years ago.
"I don't believe in this kind of thing but in 45 years we have won twice so that means a lot, in terms of how hard it is to play there".
Being the perfectionist that he is, Pep Guardiola may have been mildly irked not to have broken the previous top-flight record for consecutive wins he had set with his Bayern side.
Someone who could help with that last bit is new signing Virgil van Dijk.
Nick Foles used Eagles bye week to go back to basics
And it's not necessarily that Atlanta blew the Rams out of the water, but they did dominate them in all three phases of the game. Logically they would really have to up their game if they were to carry on this journey to the NFC Championship Game.
"Jurgen is a guy who always tries to play on the front foot, with no fear".
Manchester City's last three away games have seen them win just once by a single goal to nil, with their game at Swansea being the only game to be settled by more than a single goal which was predicted by the football tipsters at Tipsters Review. That is our target, and to show courage. And big courage. In these kind of games, how is your mentality?
"It is a good test for us. With Van Dijk they are even better".
"It is not the first time he goes back".
Arguably the most improved player of the season so far has been Raheem Sterling. I don't make a decision if he is ready for that.
"Yesterday [Thursday], he was in Barcelona with Dr Cugat", said Guardiola.
The pair enjoyed a healthy rivalry as bosses of Borussia Dortmund and Bayern Munich, which took in the 2013 Champions League final, and has continued in England, adding an extra sub-plot as two of the Premier League's biggest sides meet.
- Dark Souls Remastered Revealed During Nintendo Direct
- Nvidia says its GPU hardware is 'immune' to Meltdown and Spectre flaws
- DA Davidson Reiterates $78.00 Price Target for Nike (NKE)
- After wildfires, California is facing heavy rains and mudslides
- Nadal beaten in Melbourne but injured knee 'fine'
- Lilly Eli & Co Sentiment Worsening on Low Stock Potential
- Sanjay Leela Bhansali's period drama officially named as Padmaavat
- Canada, US to host meeting on North Korea
- 'Very shocking,' members and employees react to Sam's Club closing announcement
- Gal Gadot's speech at CCA focuses on gender equality