De Minaur has become a star of the Australian summer after reaching the semi-finals of the Sydney International to back up his final-four showing in Brisbane.
"Just keep digging, leave it all out there, find a way to just make it competitive", de Minaur said when asked how he made what was nearly a final-set comeback.
After his defeat, de Minaur said he had wanted to "find a way to just make it competitive". "I reckon it's probably my latest night I played, and it was great to play in front of such an energetic crowd".
He might be one of the smallest men in the draw but Australian teen sensation Alex de Minaur has promised to go big at next week's grand slam in Melbourne. "I didn't expect to reach a final in my first tournament", said the 2009 US Open champion.
Eleven wins from his past 12 matches.
Another in Sydney would have been a momentous occasion to savour, a first piece of silverware to reward the 18-year-old's breakout fortnight.
Playing in his second final (Chennai, 2016), Medvedev-the qualifier-survived Alex de Minaur 1-6, 6-4, 7-5.
A win would have secured the 80th rank in the world for the youngster, although he could still rank inside the top 100 heading into the Australian Open.
Key Market Mover: Ziopharm Oncology In (ZIOP)
It has underperformed by 14.95% the S&P500.The move comes after 9 months positive chart setup for the $606.12M company. This number is based on a 1 to 5 scale where 1 indicates a Strong Buy recommendation while 5 represents a Strong Sell.
"I'm the kind of person, the more emotions I feel the less I show them, especially if they are good ones".
"Obviously a very tough match, but, look, I'm looking forward to it".
The man who beat him in Saturday's final, Daniil Medvedev, was quick to label de Minaur "the future of tennis".
As it stands, world No.167 de Minaur is the lowest-ranked Sydney finalist since No.223 Andrei Cherkasov in 1989.
De Minaur, the home crowd favourite, was off to a bright start as he needed just 30 minutes to break Medvedev three times on his way to taking the set.
De Minaur then endured a flat patch, going down 4-0 in the third set, only to defy expectations and fight back to 4-5 after a tension-riddled service game during which he saved a match point.
But Medvedev turned on the class and won the last two games for a memorable title victory.
- Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company Limited (NYSE:TSM) - Stock's Liquidity Overview
- New Five-Planet Solar System Found by Citizen Scientists Using Kepler Data
- Southern Copper (SCCO) Upgraded by Zacks Investment Research to "Strong-Buy"
- Iranian crude safe - for now - after Trump sticks to nuclear pact
- Wynn Resorts (WYNN) Receiving Somewhat Positive Media Coverage, Analysis Shows
- Missile threat alert for Hawaii a false alarm
- (DHR) Stake Increased by Bath Savings Trust Co
- Facebook Inc (FB) Shares Bought by AIMZ Investment Advisors LLC
- American Eagle Outfitters (AEO) Shares Sold by California State Teachers Retirement System
- How VAR succeeded at Stamford Bridge as Arsenal hold Chelsea