De Minaur has become a star of the Australian summer after reaching the semi-finals of the Sydney International to back up his final-four showing in Brisbane.
"Just keep digging, leave it all out there, find a way to just make it competitive", de Minaur said when asked how he made what was nearly a final-set comeback.
After his defeat, de Minaur said he had wanted to "find a way to just make it competitive". "I reckon it's probably my latest night I played, and it was great to play in front of such an energetic crowd".
He might be one of the smallest men in the draw but Australian teen sensation Alex de Minaur has promised to go big at next week's grand slam in Melbourne. "I didn't expect to reach a final in my first tournament", said the 2009 US Open champion.
Eleven wins from his past 12 matches.
Another in Sydney would have been a momentous occasion to savour, a first piece of silverware to reward the 18-year-old's breakout fortnight.
Playing in his second final (Chennai, 2016), Medvedev-the qualifier-survived Alex de Minaur 1-6, 6-4, 7-5.
A win would have secured the 80th rank in the world for the youngster, although he could still rank inside the top 100 heading into the Australian Open.
Wedbush Research Analysts Boost Earnings Estimates for Valley National Bancorp (VLY)
ValuEngine upgraded Old National Bancorp from a "hold" rating to a "buy" rating in a research report on Friday, December 1st. Schwab Charles Investment Management Inc. lifted its stake in shares of Valley National Bancorp by 1.7% in the 2nd quarter.
"I'm the kind of person, the more emotions I feel the less I show them, especially if they are good ones".
"Obviously a very tough match, but, look, I'm looking forward to it".
The man who beat him in Saturday's final, Daniil Medvedev, was quick to label de Minaur "the future of tennis".
As it stands, world No.167 de Minaur is the lowest-ranked Sydney finalist since No.223 Andrei Cherkasov in 1989.
De Minaur, the home crowd favourite, was off to a bright start as he needed just 30 minutes to break Medvedev three times on his way to taking the set.
De Minaur then endured a flat patch, going down 4-0 in the third set, only to defy expectations and fight back to 4-5 after a tension-riddled service game during which he saved a match point.
But Medvedev turned on the class and won the last two games for a memorable title victory.
- Analysts Opinions on: Cisco Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:CSCO)
- Should You Hold Signet Jewelers Limited (NYSE:SIG)
- Brexit: why a bespoke financial services deal for the United Kingdom is 'pivotal'
- Continental Resources (NYSE:CLR) Stock Rating Upgraded by Robert W. Baird
- Nokia Corporation (NYSE:NOK) has analysts on the Bullish side this week
- (DHR) Stake Increased by Bath Savings Trust Co
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Stock Rating Lowered by ValuEngine
- Power goes out at the world's largest tech conference
- Illinois Tool Works Inc. (ITW) EPS Estimated At $1.62
- Maxine Waters Tears Into Donald Trump: The 'Most Despicable Human Being'