While other auto manufacturers are busy integrating Amazon's Alexa or Google Assistant into their cars, Mercedes-Benz has chosen to develop an entirely new system for its infotainment experience. This week the company delivered on that pledge at the 2018 Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas, with its presentation of a highly sophisticated infotainment system called MBUX (Mercedes-Benz User Experience).
There is a lot of anticipation for the revamped version of Mercedes' infotainment system. All touchscreens are capacitive as are the touch control buttons, while the touchpad offers haptic feedback.
As if Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant didn't have enough people shouting at inanimate objects, Mercedes now has a digital assistant of its own.
Biggest drop in housing prices in a decade
Zaidi said the average BSP (basic selling price) has come down by 2 percent during 2017. The RERA came into force from May 2017, while the GST was launched in July past year .
Three different cockpit configurations will be available for the new MBUX: two 7-inch displays, one 7-inch and one 10.25-inch display and two 10.25-inch displays and 1920 x 720 (HD) resolution. Mercedes says the system is designed to create "an emotional connection between the vehicle, driver and passengers".
The voice assistant is also capable of learning language from its users, and vary its dialogue accordingly thanks to a cloud system which can evaluate input and choose appropriate responses. The display on the screens is visually very clear and modern-looking, while the menus are tiered to make the most-used functions immediately accessible.
The new system can learn a driver's preferences via artificial intelligence. Important reminders are given by the system as well like when the user needs to attend a meeting, call someone or go to a certain location at a given time. The map display is enhanced with augmented reality technology by leveraging the front camera, for example arrows and house numbers are superimposed directly onto the image.
- British Land Company PLC (LON:BLND) to Issue Dividend of GBX 7.52
- Sandston Corp (SDON): Share Price Drips Lower -14.77%
- Camila Cabello's Debut Album 'Camila' Breaks Major iTunes Record in 24 Hours
- Toyota presents the GR Super Sport concept at Tokyo Auto Salon 2018
- Barty downs compatriot Gavrilova to reach Sydney final
- Man Who Shot Knoxville Officer Added to TBI's Ten Most Wanted List
- Starz To Adapt 'John Wick' Franchise For Original TV Series
- Activision Blizzard (ATVI) Sets New 12-Month High on Analyst Upgrade
- Chandigarh Stalking Case: Haryana BJP chief's son Vikas Barala gets bail
- Missouri governor admits affair, accused of blackmailing woman with photo