Congressman Al Green speaks to media during a press conference in which he called for the impeachment of President Donald Trump at the Houston Congressional District Office Monday, May 15, 2017, in Houston.
A US Representative has said he wants a House floor vote on Donald Trump's impeachment, following his alleged comments on immigrants from "sh*thole" countries.
"Congressional condemnation of racist bigotry is not enough", Rep.
During a meeting with Senators to discuss immigration, Trump allegedly asked why the United States was accepting so many immigrants from "shithole countries" like Haiti and El Salvador. "In Congress, talk is cheap-it's how we vote that counts".
Green's first effort to impeach Trump previous year failed.
Green said that next week, he will again bring articles of impeachment against the president.
Awkward: Trump praises Martin Luther King, Jr. after his racist comments
However, many saw it as Trump's way of using his sole African-American as a prop to show how "not" racist he is. In the middle of MacArthur High School main hallway is where you will find the riveting Dr.
But by a vote of 364 to 58, lawmakers approved a GOP motion in December to table Green's resolution, effectively killing it.
Green said that Trump's remark, which was cheered by a number of white supremacist groups Friday, has wrought further division in America and diminished the nation's standing in the world.
Texas Democrat Al Green vowed on Friday to force another impeachment vote on the House floor next week. "I will put my vote where my mouth is". "For this reason, I will bring articles of impeachment to a vote in the House of Representatives".
The move to impeach was not supported by Democratic leaders, who have pushed aside the idea of impeaching the President.
While facing global heat and widespread commendation, Trump has denied using such language, tweeting, "Never said anything derogatory about Haitians other than Haiti is, obviously, a very poor and troubled country".
- Eii Capital Management Inc. Purchases 950 Shares of Equinix, Inc. (EQIX)
- Coeur Mining Inc (CDE) Expected to Post Earnings of $0.08 Per Share
- Steven Spielberg: If Oprah Winfrey runs for president, 'I will back her'
- 17 dead in California mudslides, 100 homes destroyed
- Jay Rock, Kendrick Lamar, Future, James Blake Debut 'King's Dead'
- Alex Pritchard set for Huddersfield debut against West Ham
- Dark Souls Remastered Announcement Trailer | Switch, PS4, X1, PC
- Suspect in custody after Greyhound bus pursuit across state lines, police say
- Crude Oil Prices to Remain Bid as Overbought Conditions Persist
- DORCHESTER WEALTH MANAGEMENT Co Purchases 8761 Shares of Oracle Corporation (ORCL)