When asked if Sanchez is a player United want this month, the Portuguese said: "I don't think it is ethical or correct to be speaking about players of other clubs".
With Sanchez's contract expiring in the summer, the transfer fee could be as low as £25m - less than half what City bid for him last August.
Arsene Wenger acknowledges Arsenal will not let Alexis Sanchez leave until a replacement is signed.
Wenger has hinted Arsenal could allow Sanchez leave in January after admitting a bidding war between the two Manchester clubs for his player's signature will be beneficial for Arsenal.
"Honestly I believe, with inflation we have at the moment, players going to the end of the contract will happen more and more", Wenger added.
National Football League to Consider Cam Newton's Knee Injury in Concussion Protocol Review
Even worse, after the game head coach Ron Rivera gave us a song and dance about how Newton was actually following instructions. Earlier this year, the Seattle Seahawks were fined $100,000 after quarterback Russell Wilson was not properly tested.
Sanchez, who will be a free agent at the end of the season, is being linked with a move to United and city rivals Manchester City in the current window.
Manchester United stepped in the negotiations and are willing to offer more money and a player (believed to be Henrikh Mkhitaryan) for the Arsenal superstar.
"I'm focused on Liverpool, believe me. Like a player who wants to play football", Wenger said.
If a deal can not be agreed with any club, Sanchez will be able to leave when his contract expires in the summer - a situation Arsenal are keen to avoid as they would receive nothing. The first time he insulted me, I had a response, a response that I know touched the point where he really feels hurt.
"I would not like my players, when they see me on TV or read the newspapers, (to hear) the manager talking about another (player) and thinking they are not important".
The prospect of Sanchez going to United in the manner that Robin van Persie once did seems completely unconscionable to some Arsenal supporters. So I would not like my players to read what I've said, or see me on TV, and see the manager is talking about another thing, and then thinking that they are not important.
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Given "Buy" Rating at Vining Sparks
- That Dark Souls Trilogy Box Set Isn't Coming West
- Barclays Reaffirms "Overweight" Rating for Vodafone Group (VOD)
- First Citizens Bank & Trust Co. Purchases New Stake in Gentex Co. (GNTX)
- A Technical Perspective On Freeport-McMoRan Inc. (FCX), Louisiana-Pacific Corporation (LPX)
- Dark Souls: Remastered Announced, Coming May 25
- Evaluating Insider Trading And Ownership For Mattel, Inc. (MAT)
- Short Interest in Target Co. (TGT) Decreases By 7.3%
- Microchip Technology Inc. (MCHP) Plans Dividend Increase - $0.36 Per Share
- Crazy Volume Spikes for: Platform Specialty Products Corporation (PAH)