Matthew Nicholson, 28, of Ceres, Calif. was in his bedroom sometime before 9:45 p.m. Thursday playing video games when he got upset and started yelling, investigators said.
A Northern California man has been arrested on suspicion of homicide after police say he killed his mom amid a dispute over a video game headset, KTLA sister station KTXL in Sacramento reported. His 68-year-old mother Lydia came up to check on him and an argument erupted. During the argument, Nicholson broke his own headset while yelling at his mother, according to police.
"He came out yelling something about "my headset is broken" or something about the headset being broken and then grabbed a gun and started shooting", said Sgt. Greg Yotsuya of the Ceres Police Department.
After threatening to kill both his mother and father, police say Nicholson used a handgun to shoot two rounds into the wall and then shot his mother in the head.
He shot his mother in the head before his 81-year-old father Loren Nicholson wrestled the gun out of his hands, according to police.
Neeson says Hollywood experiencing 'a bit of a witch hunt'
Neeson brought up the case of former radio host Garrison Keillor , who was sacked by Minnesota Public Radio over alleged misconduct.
Nicholson shot his mother in the head and fled to a relative's home before he was later arrested during a traffic stop, police said. "The father grabbed the gun, emptied it".
Matthew Nicholson, 28, is seen in a booking photo released January 12, 2018, by the Ceres Police Department. She was taken to an area hospital for treatment but later succumbed to her injuries.
The victim's daughter, Autumn, says that Lydia Nicholson worked in local schools for decades and that she and her husband Loren Nicholson had been married for 32 years.
Nicholson was being held in Stanislaus County Jail with no bond.
- Checking the Overall Picture for Newmont Mining Corporation (NEM)
- Centurylink's (CTL) Buy Rating Reiterated at Oppenheimer
- The Tashkent Files: Vivek Agnihotri To Direct Film On Lal Bahadur Shashtri
- Donald Trump shock: "No a migranti da Paesi 'cesso'"
- Commscope (COMM) Downgraded by BidaskClub to Hold
- Emergency Managers Under Fire Following Deadly California Mudslides
- Why to Keeping Eye on Baxter International Inc. (BAX), Amgen Inc. (AMGN)?
- Were Analysts Bullish Ctrip.com International, Ltd. (NASDAQ:CTRP) This Week?
- Kornitzer Capital Management Inc. KS Decreases Stake in Pfizer Inc. (PFE)
- Investors Buy Electronic Arts (EA) on Weakness on Insider Selling