Variety has confirmed that Oscar victor Leonardo DiCaprio (The Revenant, The Departed) will reunite with his Django Unchained director Quentin Tarantino for his currently-untitled ninth movie, which will be released by Sony Pictures on August 9, 2019.
Tarantino and DiCaprio are partnering up once again. Apparently, Cruise and Brad Pitt were up for the same role, which is rumored to be that of a prosecutor, and that it's Cruise's part if he wants it. He will reportedly play an aging out-of-work actor in the production.
Per Vanity Fair, the story, set in Los Angeles in the summer of 1969, "focuses on a male TV actor who's had one hit series and his looking for a way to get into the film business". His sidekick - who's also his stunt double - is looking for the same thing. The release date for the picture coincides with the 50th anniversary of the date Sharon Tate was murder at the hands of the Manson family.
Tarantino has asked Margot Robbie to play slain actress Sharon Tate in the film, but Robbie's casting isn't final yet.
Ghalib Afzal greeted on success in 12th class exams
Galib aspires to become a doctor and to fulfill his father's unrealised dream of becoming a medical professional. Around 55,163 students in Kashmir appeared in the Class XII exams and 33,893 cleared the test.
The movie will be released by Sony, which nabbed the project following a bidding war in the wake of Harvey Weinstein's firing from The Weinstein Company. After all that, however, Tarantino signed with Sony.
This will mark DiCaprio's first film since winning the Oscar in 2016 for his performance in Alejandro G. Iñárritu's "The Revenant".
Variety also reports that Tarantino wrote a role specifically for Al Pacino.
Whatever this movie ends up being, a new Tarantino movie will always be a source of anticipation. The untitled film already has a date set for August 9th, 2019 and would mark nearly four years since audiences last saw DiCaprio on screen (he does have other projects in the works, but this will likely be the first one to make it to completion).
- Procter & Gamble Co (NYSE:PG) Sentiment Worsened, Despite
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus completes chemotherapy
- Valero Energy Corp (NYSE:VLO) Institutional Investors 2017 Q3 Sentiment
- Lattimore returns to SC as staff member
- Fortnite Battle Royale: How to Use the Cozy Campfire
- Cubs avoid arbitration with a trio of players
- John Williams Confirms Return For Star Wars Episode IX
- Rio Tinto (LON:RIO) Receives Buy Rating from Jefferies Group
- Sells 11425 Shares of Halliburton Company
- 'Tully' trailer: The 'Juno' gang goes postpartum with Charlize Theron