Gandhi decided on the campaign after meeting with party leaders from his state, including Siddaramaiah, state party unit president G. Parameshwara, working president Dinesh Gundu Rao, Leader of the Congress in the Lok Sabha Mallikarjun Kharge, senior leaders Veerappa Moily, KH Muniappa, Oscar Fernandes and party in charge of Karnataka KC Venugopal. "Rahul Gandhi was very happy to know that there is no anti-incumbency against our govt, and that all programmes that were mentioned in our manifesto have been completed", ANI quoted him as saying.
They cited instances of communal polarisation and homophobia among other allegations to attack the BJP.
"The BJP is raising irrelevant issues in Karnataka".
Xerox meets with Fujifilm in secretive deal talks
Zacks Investment Research cut shares of Xerox from a "hold" rating to a "sell" rating in a research note on Thursday, October 5th. The stock of Xerox Corporation (NYSE: XRX ) has "Overweight" rating given on Thursday, January 12 by Morgan Stanley.
Responding to a stung BJP's social media campaign,"I am RSS, I am BJP, arrest us", Chief Minister Siddaramaiah shot back on Friday, "The police does not have to arrest them as the people will do it themselves. Yogi Adityanath and Amit Shah are also raising the same issue, and Narendra Modi may also raise the same in the future", he said. "They will teach a lesson to organizations that try to spark unrest among them, sow seeds of communalism and hate people of another religion in the name of dharma". I said I am also a Hindu but a humane Hindu.
Siddaramaiah's "Hindutva extremists" remark has stirred a hornet's nest in the poll-bound state.
Taking a dig at Siddaramaiah's recent statement about him being a Hindu, the over-a-minute-long video, posted on BJP Uttar Pradesh's Twitter handle on Saturday, shows pictures of 12 Hindus, who were killed in the last two to three years in Karnataka.
- Has $2.06 Million Position in Intel Co
- African ambassadors to United Nations blast Trump remark as 'racist'
- Huge Underground Ice Sheets Discovered on Mars
- Oprah speech stirs presidential run speculation
- Jennifer Lopez to guest star on Will and Grace
- Schools radicalising J&K youth: Bipin Rawat
- Xenia Hotels & Resorts, Inc. (NYSE:XHR) Quant Signal Evaluation & Review
- Vuzix introduces new 'smart glasses' that will work with the Alexa app
- AFC Divisional Playoff Preview and Predictions: Jacksonville Jaguars vs. Pittsburgh Steelers
- Seal clarifies Oprah post calling out Hollywood hypocrisy on sexual assault