Kendrick Lamar joins his TDE labelmate Jay Rock, rapper Future, and the English singer-producer James Blake on "King's Dead", an emphatic single from the Kendrick-curated soundtrack to Marvel's "Black Panther" with a dizzying, minute-long outro verse from Lamar.
The last time we saw a solo project from Jay Rock was his 2015 studio album 90059-and the last time we heard him on a released song was E-40's 2016 track "Money". Produced by Mike WiLL Made It and Teddy Walton, K. Dot opens the track by delivering the hook part of the song before Jay follows it up with fiery bars. With highly-acclaimed TDE releases from Kendrick Lamar, SZA, and ScHoolboy Q, Rock is indeed overdue to drop an album.
CES 2018 | Alexa Is Becoming More Mobile
The technology was packed into a variety of smart home products, ranging from speakers and radios through to lamps and vacuum ... And the market for smart devices is exploding, even with warnings that "the internet of things" is notoriously insecure.
Between "King's Dead" and "All The Stars", the first premiere from the soundtrack, Black Panther: The Album may be Lamar's show to steal. Watch the interview up top. Jay Rock was ideal, and Future was as Future as he's ever been, even bringing back the "Codeine Crazy" falsetto for a few bars, but all of that is just a distraction until the next time Kendrick breathes on the record. "I just had a minor little setback", Rock explained, referring to a motorcycle crash that occurred in 2016.
Another track by Lamar and Vince Staple appeared in the newest Black Panther TV spot released during the NCAA National Championship game.
- Trump calls interview with special counsel 'unlikely'
- Eii Capital Management Inc. Purchases 950 Shares of Equinix, Inc. (EQIX)
- 17 dead in California mudslides, 100 homes destroyed
- Revenue Approximations Analysis: Callon Petroleum Company (CPE), Weyerhaeuser Company (WY)
- Afghan Forces' Offensives Leave 76 Militants Dead
- Rafael Nadal, Halep named top seeds for Australian Open
- A Look At Recent Insider Trades For Sears Holdings Corporation (SHLD)
- Pacers Olivier, Ngidi added to Proteas squad for second Test
- Suspect in custody after Greyhound bus pursuit across state lines, police say
- Nadal begins new era without mentor Toni Nadal in Australia