Delhi Police has arrested a 22-year-old NRI employed with Google for molesting a 52-year-old U.S. national at Taj Palace Hotel. The accused met the complainant on January 8 and Kharbanda allegedly invited her to his room. The incident took place on on Monday when he met the 52-year-old woman at the hotel's bar. She told cops she had come to Delhi for a business project and to meet some associates in Gurgaon. He works in California. She alleged that he offered her laced drinks and tried to grope her, the police said.
"Following the complaint by victim, Kharbanda was arrested from hotel after being interrogated", he added.
Additional Commissioner of Police (New Delhi) B K Singh said that following the woman's complaint, a case under IPC section 354 (assault or criminal force on woman with intent to outrage her modesty) and 328 (causing hurt by means of poison, etc with intent to commit an offence) has been registered at Chanakyapuri police station.
Giggs in talks to be new Wales coach
Giggs is the first person to be formally spoken to, however, with the Daily Mail claiming that talks took place on Friday morning. It is understood that Bellamy and Roberts, who is the FAW's technical director, also have their supporters at the Welsh FA.
"Kharbanda, who has come from United States where he works in California, had drinks with the woman in his room". The spokesperson added that she lodged a complaint with help from the staff.
The police said that the matter was reported on Wednesday, two days after the alleged incident. He has been sent to judicial custody. Taj Diplomatic Enclave stated that they would co-operate with the authorities in all possible way. "We have been made aware by the lady guest of this incident between her and another resident guest". This matter is now under police investigation and the hotel will co-operate with the authorities in every way.
- Dark Souls Remastered Is Coming To The Nintendo Switch
- ConAgra Foods Inc. (CAG) Stake Cut by Smith Asset Management Group LP
- Off-air dialogue on equal pay nothing to do with…
- Facebook makes friends a priority in the News Feed
- Analysts See $2.59 EPS for Canadian Pacific Railway Limited (CP)
- Djokovic happy with return ahead of Open
- I will use NAFTA negotiations to make Mexico pay for the wall
- Facebook shares sink as United States stocks add to records
- What Are Analysts Suggestions On Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (AMD)
- Hot Trending Stocks: Schlumberger Limited (SLB), CVS Health Corporation (CVS)