A very rare astronomical event will be taking place in the skies over Australia this month and here's everything you need to know! . So, at most full Moons, the Moon passes a bit north or south of Earth's Shadow. On the Western Slope, it's best to view the January 31 total lunar eclipse soon after 5:52 a.m., before the Moon sinks lower during brightening twilight.
If that wasn't interesting enough, the stars have aligned to stack one more unique feature-a blue moon. That is, at times of full Moon.
It appeared 14 per cent bigger and 30 per cent brighter than the supermoon on July 27 previous year, with pictures of it posted on social media by people around the world.
It's being called a "super blue blood Moon eclipse", three separate celestial events set to occur simultaneously in one night on January 31, the first time this has happened in 152 years.
The second full moon and the lunar eclipse will occur on the night of January 31st or the morning of February 1st.
'A supermoon is a really spectacular thing when the moon is as close as it'll ever get, it's much bigger and brighter, ' Mr Boyd told Daily Mail Australia. The phrase "Once in a Blue Moon", stems from a folklorist in Newfoundland over 400 years ago, according to space.com.
Adobe Systems Incorporated (ADBE) — Hot Trending Stock
Barclays restated a "buy" rating and set a $167.00 target price on shares of Adobe Systems in a report on Friday, September 15th. It improved, as 42 investors sold ADBE shares while 327 reduced holdings. 75 funds opened positions while 289 raised stakes.
The rare happening is the result of 2 concurrent lunar phenomena.
LUNAR ECLIPSE: In August 2017, the moon's shadow cast darkness on the Grand Strand and Pee Dee.
The best time to see the supermoon is during the rising or setting of the Moon, as it will appear larger on the horizon than it will high up in the sky.
When the Moon appears red or is eclipsed, it is also referred to as a "blood Moon", so we will essentially see a super-blue-blood Moon at the end of the month - a phenomenon that hasn't happened since 1866! The eastern USA won't be in "totality" this time around, as the totality path will be over the Atlantic Ocean.
And if you capture a great picture, we would love to see it!
- Ghalib Afzal greeted on success in 12th class exams
- Bryan Fuller, Anne Rice Developing Vampire Chronicles TV Series
- Procter & Gamble Co (NYSE:PG) Sentiment Worsened, Despite
- Influential Analyst Rating Changes: Investors Real Estate Trust (IRET), Belden Inc. (BDC)
- Paige Ending In-Ring Wrestling Career For WWE Following Latest Injury
- Bella Hadid Throws It Back to the '60s for Yolanda's Birthday
- Reuters lawyer disputes prosecution case as state secrets charges announced
- Celebrities Spoke up after Ivanka Trump Supported Time's Up
- Stock In Spotlight: Schlumberger Limited (NYSE:SLB)
- Poor Thing! New Pics of Shiloh Jolie-Pitt Following Injury