The Enforcement Directorate (ED) on Saturday conducted searches at the premises of former finance minister P Chidamabaram and his son Karti Chidambaram, in connection with the INX Media money laundering case.
"They have searched premises in Chennai again but in a comedy of errors they came to search my premises in Jorbagh". He claimed that the ED took background papers of case related to statement made in Parliament in 2012-13 and nothing else. The agency had raided properties of Karti's close aides in Chennai and Kolkata on December 1.
Calling the raid a vendetta against senior Congress leaders, Congress party member Randeep Surjewala said, "Everyday PM Modi and his government use ED and CBI as captive puppets to seek revenge from opposition".
Accordingly, this excess foreign exchange equivalent to Rs 3,004.40 million, beyond the disclosed permitted foreign investment, was received by INX Media from three Mauritius-based investors, said the ED.
Talking about the ED raids, Karti's lawyer said nothing was found and nothing was seized from Delhi and Chennai homes of Karti.
"It was a raid conducted under the provisions of PMLA", said Arun Natrajan.
Bentley Bentayga V8 arrives with 550 horsepower
The smaller engine will make the V8 Bentayga cheaper than the flagship W12 model, but still by no means "affordable". There are optional premium sound system available as well with 18 speakers for a total of 1950watts.
"They found nothing in the Chennai searches".
"Yesterday, the Supreme Court issued notice on the cases filed by my son Karti Chidambaram". "The CBI FIR in the case has not been quashed and P Chidambaram had earlier appeared before the CBI in the case".
The ED case pertains to the Foreign Investment Promotion Board (FIPB) approval granted in 2006 by P Chidambaram, the then finance minister.
The law enforcement agency, in its investigation, also found that the amount of FIPB approval was wrongly projected to hide the facts.
The Aircel-Maxis deal refers to a series of allegations of kickbacks in the telecom sector, which was part of the wider 2G scam that engulfed the UPA regime. Karti Chidambaram is accused of facilitating bribes in the Aircel-Maxis transaction.
- Bautista Agut pips Delpo in Auckland
- Helicopter with seven onboard goes missing from Mumbai
- Dark Souls Remastered Announcement Trailer | Switch, PS4, X1, PC
- Steven Spielberg: If Oprah Winfrey runs for president, 'I will back her'
- Suspect in custody after Greyhound bus pursuit across state lines, police say
- A Look At Recent Insider Trades For Sears Holdings Corporation (SHLD)
- Trump calls interview with special counsel 'unlikely'
- Eii Capital Management Inc. Purchases 950 Shares of Equinix, Inc. (EQIX)
- Afghan Forces' Offensives Leave 76 Militants Dead
- Revenue Approximations Analysis: Callon Petroleum Company (CPE), Weyerhaeuser Company (WY)