Wilder-Ortiz is a long-awaited matchup of undefeated, consensus top-five fighters facing off in the resurgent heavyweight division and marks Wilder's third appearance at Barclays Center.
Before the first scheduled meeting, Ortiz was found to have taken two banned diuretics that are often used as masking agents for steroids.
Britain's Anthony Joshua, who holds the IBF and WBA world heavyweight belts, is in talks with WBO champion Joseph Parker of New Zealand over a potential fight at Cardiff's Principality Stadium on 31 March.
Deontay Wilder v Luis Ortiz Official For March 3rd, Barclays Center
Wilder is 39-0 with 38 knockouts, his only fight to reach the distance the bout with Stiverne three years ago, while Ortiz is 28-0 with 24 knockouts, his most recent bout a knockout of American Daniel Martz last month.
In taking the fight with fellow unbeaten fighter Ortiz, Wilder has accepted what is widely considered his greatest test yet.
The victor of the contest could very well land themselves an opportunity against the victor of Anthony Joshua v Joseph Parker in a contest for all the belts available in the heavyweight division, with the proposed clash anticipated set for the March 31st in Cardiff.
Mohamed Salah and Daniel Sturridge in Liverpool training
I don't make a decision if he is ready for that. "Yesterday [Thursday], he was in Barcelona with Dr Cugat", said Guardiola. Arguably the most improved player of the season so far has been Raheem Sterling .
- Trump questions whether Clinton coordinated with Russians
- Lilly Eli & Co Sentiment Worsening on Low Stock Potential
- Pakistan team gets Maori welcome in New Zealand
- What Do Analysts Suggest For Northern Oil and Gas, Inc. (NOG)
- My relation with Kim Jong-un is very good
- No comment - O'Neill silent on Stoke speculation
- Gal Gadot's speech at CCA focuses on gender equality
- PDP MLA hails militants from Kashmir as martyrs
- Another pace test awaits India
- Is "Black Panther" a billion-dollar movie?