The charges were dropped during their divorce settlement.
On top of Rowling's note, there was also a statement from Warner Bros. about their decision to keep Depp on the franchise. Radcliffe pointed out during his time on Harry Potter, someone was held accountable for a less serious crime and wondered why Depp's accusations weren't taken with the same intensity.
Anger over Depp's casting in the forthcoming sequel to 2016's Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them dominated much of the talk surrounding the upcoming film late previous year, with some fans threatening to boycott the movie entirely.
Radcliffe said while speaking to Entertainment Weekly, "It's a very hard thing for me". On one hand, he wants to support the producers who gae him "a great start in life and an fantastic job", but on the other hand, he totally understands the frustration fans are feeling.
He said: "I can see why people are frustrated with the response that they were given from that".
Reaction to judge's decision to block the end of DACA
"It's an affirmation of the principle that no one is above the law", he told the Washington Post . "But tell me what the ransom is".
The Harry Potter depicter went on saying that the producers were the ones who "gave me a great start in life and an wonderful job".
While Radcliffe was reluctant to criticise the film's producers who "gave me a great start in life and an wonderful job", he told Entertainment Weekly: "I can see why people are frustrated with the response that they were given from that", referring, it seems, to the reaction from JK Rowling, who penned the script for the film, and director David Yates to the outcry. Johnny Depp has the market cornered on problematic, or at least he did up until the knowledge of a certain producer's misuse of hotel room bath robes came to light, and mega hottie Brit Daniel Radcliffe is raising his pinky in the air like he just don't care while sipping on some hot, but equally reserved and classy, tea!
- Most Active Stock: Eastman Kodak Co. (NYSE:KODK)
- Measuring up the teams who can dethrone Alabama next season
- Top CEOs Urge DACA Action In Open Letter To Congress
- Stock Notebook: Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc
- Heavy Rain, Snow Melt Could Cause Localized Flooding
- 'Veere Di Wedding' to reach theatres on June 1
- International Business Machines Corp. (IBM) Stake Increased by Pictet Asset Management Ltd.
- Bandai Namco announced the re-release of the game Dark Souls
- Man shoots and kills mother over broken video game headset, police say
- 1.09 is Capital One Financial Corp's (NYSE:COF) Institutional Investor Sentiment