"And most importantly, we wanted to stay true to the essence of Diet Coke while recasting the brand for a new generation", Acevedo says.
Created in 1982 and famed for its "Diet Coke Break" ad, some may argue why mess with a good thing? The new varieties will sell in eight-packs and as on-the-go singles. The revamped can and additional flavors - ginger lime, feisty cherry, twisted mango and zesty blood orange - will hit store shelves in mid-January.
The research and development team at Coca-Cola tested over 30 potential new Diet Coke flavors, working with tropical, citrus, and even botanical notes before settling on the four new flavors. "We want to build on the success of the brand to date, reminding people of what makes it so special".
The company has unveiled a new design for the low-sugar drinks brand in the USA market, and introduced four new flavours.
Consolidated (NASDAQ:COKE) by 10.9% during the third quarter, according to its most recent filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy throwing down on Nintendo Switch
Nintendo have announced a character customisation, fighting game hybrid based on the girls from SNK's fighting franchises. It appears matches are won by performing a Dream Finish technique when your opponent is low on health.
The cans also contain the same volume despite the change in shape.
Fizzy drink fans in the U.S. and Canada have been treated to the next evolution of Diet Coke as The Coca-Cola Company shakes up its can designs and flavours.
The company says Diet Coke's new look and flavors were aimed to appeal to millennials.
Keeping the brand's iconic silver color, the new look and feel has a simplified color palette focused on silver and red with accents of bold color to represent the new flavors.
Diet Coke will also continue to be offered in its existing package sizes, including standard 12-oz cans, mini cans, and glass and plastic bottles. The brand's new design and flavors will be available first in the United States, followed by Canada in February.
- Jeff Bezos contributes $33 million to Dreamers scholarship program
- South Korea's Moon says Trump deserves 'big' credit for North Korea talks
- Missouri governor admits affair, accused of blackmailing woman with photo
- Man Who Shot Knoxville Officer Added to TBI's Ten Most Wanted List
- 8 day strike by TN transport workers called off 'temporarily'
- Biggest drop in housing prices in a decade
- Activision Blizzard (ATVI) Sets New 12-Month High on Analyst Upgrade
- Launch of Delta IV rocket with United States spy satellite postponed once again
- Mohamed Salah to Real Madrid: Liverpool star speaks out on transfer rumours
- NYC to probe NYPD conduct in rally against activist's deportation