Brown had previously posted a photo of his 3-year-old daughter Royalty holding a capuchin monkey.
It seems that Chris has managed to bring about his latest supposed spat with the law in California, as he's not exactly been shy about publicising the fact he owns a monkey.
Supposedly, a number of people chose to notify the California Department of Fish and Wildlife regarding the baby capuchin named Fiji that the singer got three months ago.
However according to police, several people took action on Chris and actually notified California's Department of Fish and Wildlife, who opened an investigation on him.
Investigators determined the singer didn't have a permit for the animal he named Fiji, Capt. Patrick Foy said. Agents went to Brown's home January 2 and seized the monkey as evidence, Foy said.
Brown reacted with a "chill out" message at the time, TMZ reported.
Switzerland Considers the Feelings of the Lobster
The ruling follows, which prevents lobsters from being stored on ice in restaurant kitchens. The crustaceans "must now be stunned before they are put to death", The Guardian reports .
California Fish and Wildlife said there were no record of a permit for the monkey for Brown or anyone associated with his property and got a search warrant for Brown's property.
Fiji is now at an undisclosed facility.
If charged with the misdemeanour offence of having a restricted species without a permit, Chris could face a maximum of 6 months in jail. The case has been sent to the Los Angeles City Attorney.
"(N) ow spending taxpayer money on investigating monkey business, this completes the circle on his absurdity", Brown's lawyer, Mark Geragos, told TMZ.
Representatives for Brown have not responded to requests for comment.
- Troubled Carillion lines up administrator amid rescue talks
- Chicago Bridge & Iron Company NV (NYSE:CBI) Short Interest & Technical Update
- Dancing on Ice star QUITS after just one week
- Vitor Belfort looking to retire following fight at UFC St. Louis
- Researcher finds another security flaw in Intel management firmware
- Florida House of Representatives passes legislation concerning federal immigration laws
- Samsung brands second-gen HBM2 as 'Aquabolt'
- Stock In Spotlight: Eldorado Gold Corporation (NYSE:EGO)
- Norman North's Drake Stoops Will Walk On at Oklahoma
- JJ Redick 'not entirely convinced' dinosaurs existed on Earth