Five months after the Chandigarh police arrested, the son of president, for stalking and attempted abduction of the daughter of a senior Haryana bureaucrat, the Punjab and Haryana high court on Thursday granted him bail.
Barala, 23, had been lodged in jail since August past year.
During the cross-examination of Kundu on Monday and Tuesday, Barala's lawyer argued there were contradictions in her statement given to the police, also claimed her father exercised pressure on the police to fabricate evidence and implicate Barala and his friend Ashish Kumar, The Indian Express reported.
His counsel had sought a regular bail last month from the high court, submitting his client had been behind bars for four months.
His petition for bail had been dismissed four times by a trial court.
Mariah Carey: I Didn't Steal Meryl Streep's Seat on goal !
It all started during a commercial break when the Elusive Chanteuse took a harmless bathroom break. She told E! News' Ryan Seacrest: "I'm very, very excited to be here with Mónica Ramírez".
Charges have been framed against Vikas Barala and his friend Ashish Kumar in connection with the stalking of Varnika Kundu. Barala, accused of stalking radio jockey Varnika Kundu, was arrested by the Chandigarh Police after the case generated huge public anger.
Speaking to NDTV in August previous year, Ms Kundu had said she would like to see a change in the status of women in India.
"'The bail of Vikas Barala has been approved by Justice Lisa Gill", Vikas's counsel Vinod Ghai said here.
"No application was moved by the prosecution in the court on whether the alleged accused has so far tried to influence anybody in the matter", he said. She also said that Barala and Kumar even approached her vehicle and attempted to get in.
However, they were arrested again on August 9 under sections 365 (Kidnapping or abducting with intent secretly and wrongfully to confine person) and 511 (attempt to commit punishable offence) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC).
- Reading the Tea Leaves for The Western Union Company (WU)
- Youth Arrested For Issuing Death Threat To Bihar CM Nitish Kumar
- Government preparing for 12-week abortion limit despite Cabinet doubts
- Iran's Unrest Pushes Oil to Highest Level in 2.5 Years
- 'I Probably Have a Very Good Relationship with Kim Jong Un'
- Enable Midstream Partners (ENBL) Getting Somewhat Favorable Media Coverage, Study Finds
- Local human trafficking victim shares story of survival
- SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy throwing down on Nintendo Switch
- Jeff Bezos Now the World's Richest Person
- Weather service predicts snow and freezing rain for the weekend