"We have a lot of flu season to get through still", Jernigan said.
According to the Georgia Department of Public Health four people have died as a result of the flu, 300 Georgians have been hospitalized and hospital systems in the state are seeing a major increase in the number of people being diagnosed with the flu.
"The Northridge natural disaster was the last time we saw over 200 patients", emergency room medical director Dr.
California health officials reported 27 flu deaths in persons under 65 years old during the current flu season compared with three deaths last year, the Department of Health and Human Services said.
"We are now in the midst of a very active flu season with much of the nation experiencing widespread and intense activity", CDC Director Brenda Fitzgerald told reporters during a briefing. So there's a chance the season could slow down quickly or end early, making it a more normal flu season.
"Flu is everywhere in the United States right now".
Mourinho admits Conte ´contempt´ but wants end to feud
When asked if he was content at Chelsea given all the speculation about his future, he added: "Yes, I'm happy". Luis Enrique stepped down as the manager of FC Barcelona after his contract with the club expired.
The high uptake of the flu jab this winter follows Australia's worst outbreak on record, with an epidemic in Europe feared later in the year.
Official effectiveness data on this season's flu vaccine will not be available until the middle of next month.
The agency says there have been 54 flu-related deaths, 162 people have been admitted to intensive care units and the number of hospitalizations is "considerably elevated" over the same period in the last two flu seasons. But most people in California and the rest of the country are catching a particularly unsafe strain of influenza that the vaccine typically doesn't work well against.
FOX 5 called several pharmacies in the metro Atlanta Friday, all of which said they were running low on the drugs.
It's not that they don't have enough Tamiflu in stock, Winter said, the uptick is even causing suppliers to run out. Her pharmacist told her all of the drugstores' supplies in the area had been depleted. "I think honestly it would make me feel worse to be in the vehicle driving all over town, so I've just opted for ibuprofen and DayQuil". It works best when taken within two days of when patients start to feel sick.
For those who haven't gotten the flu, health officials recommend getting the vaccine, washing their hands often and avoiding close with anyone coughing or sneezing.
- $2.51 Billion in Sales Expected for MGM Resorts International (MGM) This Quarter
- Venezuela: four useless, 28 lacking as boat sinks in Caribbean
- Parametric Portfolio Associates LLC Sells 224770 Shares of Murphy Oil Co. (MUR)
- Credit Acceptance Corp. (CACC) Major Shareholder Sells $5903642.36 in Stock
- Atlanta Falcons at Philadelphia Eagles - 1/13/18 NFL Pick, Odds, and Prediction
- American States Water (NYSE:AWR) Given Daily Media Sentiment Score of 0.03
- Katie Couric breaks silence on Matt Lauer's Today show firing
- Watford leveller wouldn't have stood if VAR system was in place - Deeney
- CES 2018: Alexa AR Glasses Features Stock Prices, Weather Updates
- Madame Tussauds moves wax Trump to London embassy after he cancels visit