Underwood teamed up with Ludacris to record "The Champion", which will open NBC's broadcast of Super Bowl LII - and also be incorporated into the network's coverage of the Winter Olympics. The up-tempo track includes electronic beats, a piano melody and speaker-banging bass, while the empowering lyrics celebrate being "born to win". After she spoke, we looked at each other and said, "That's the one.' Later on, our Olympics producers listened to "The Champion" and decided that it would be a ideal complement for our Winter Games coverage".
"The Champion" was written specifically for the Super Bowl opening by Carrie and her frequent collaborators Brett James and Chris DeStefano, as well as Ludacris. Underwood had been tweeting some of the essential words from the song-unshakable, unstoppable, unbreakable, invincible-leading up to the release of the song on Friday (Jan. 12).
Of note, Carrie filmed the video for "The Champion" - that you'll see at the Super Bowl - previous year.
"It was a pleasure to collaborate with Carrie for this inspirational song", the rapper says.
Trump's Vulgar Remarks on Immigration Confirmed by Senator
Brian Fitzpatrick of Bucks County described the president's language as "unacceptable". "I'm saying that I'm a racist ". Shock and outrage greeted Trump's remarks in a meeting with lawmakers on immigration reform on Thursday .
Carrie said, "My husband loved it".
"I think it's going to become a sports anthem", NBC producer Fred Gaudelli told Variety.
The lyric video for "The Champion" is now trending on YouTube, too. "Carrie presented first. After she spoke, we looked at each other and said, "That's the one".
- Analysts Set Interpublic Group of Companies Inc (IPG) PT at $26.63
- Conte says "everything is possible" when asked about future
- Rory McIlroy reveals he's been dealing with heart condition
- Meryl Streep, Tom Hanks publish history in 'The Post'
- Trump slams 'Sneaky Dianne Feinstein' for releasing Fusion founder's testimony
- Sit Investment Associates Inc. Sells 24857 Shares of Johnson & Johnson (JNJ)
- North Korea names delegates for inter-Korean talks
- Ford Motor Co (NYSE:F) Stock Price Down as Sentiment Increases
- Worth Watching Stock Occidental Petroleum Corporation (OXY)
- BJ's Invites Sam's Club Members to Join its Program