Panthers linebacker Thomas Davis has decided that he will retire after the 2018 season.
Davis, 34, was Carolina's first-round draft pick in 2005 and has spent his entire career with the Panthers.
Davis told Brooke Cersosimo of NFL Media he will step away from the game after the 2018 season.
"For me, it was a no-brainer", Davis said.
Davis confirmed his decision during an appearance on NFL Network on Friday.
Upcoming flu restrictions at St. Peter's Health
Anyone who is sick with flu symptoms, including fever, body aches, cough and fatigue should stay home from work or school. The most common flu strain identified in Kentucky, and in the 36 deaths, is Influenza A, according to the department.
Before the 2017 campaign, Davis signed a one-year, $6.75 million extension, with $3 million guaranteed, which will expire in 2018.
Davis, who will turn 35 in March, is Carolina's all-time leading tackler with 1,015.
He tore his ACL three different times, and he became the first professional athlete to return and play after three ACL tears. Over the 15 games he appeared in during the regular season, he recorded 76 tackles, 2.5 sacks, and recovered a fumble. He's seventh in team history with 13 career interceptions and eighth with 28 sacks.
"Being in my 13th year, I'm pretty sure coming back next year that it will be in a reduced role", Davis said.
A two-time Pro Bowler and Walter Payton Man of the Year in 2014, Davis will leave a lasting legacy on the Panthers organization.
- Caspian Capital LP Raised Tenet Healthcare Corp (THC) Position by $6.40 Million
- Goldman Sachs Group (NYSE:GS) PT Raised to $308.00
- Dark Souls: Remastered On PS4 Pro Will Not Feature HDR Lighting
- NBC sees $1.4 billion in ad sales for Super Bowl, Olympics
- Girl Scouts launch Cookies-4-Heroes program for Hurricane Harvey first responders
- MA Trims Holdings in Apple Inc. (AAPL)
- China Dec imports from North Korea down 81.6 pct y/y - China customs
- Donald Trump repeatedly called African nations 'shitholes,' senator says
- House Speaker Paul Ryan says Trump's comments 'unfortunate, unhelpful'
- Levack's Locks For The NFL Divisional round