But none of those series bring in even close to the viewership numbers that HBO enjoys with Game of Thrones, and the return of Big Little Lies or True Detective would have helped soften that blow. Probably. Beyond the brass-tacks concerns of production schedules, Bloys also said that it's important to ensure the looming prospect of spinoffs doesn't lessen Game of Thrones season 8 as a proper ending. Spending more than a year to make just six episodes has to be some kind of industry record, but showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss have always been determined to increase the series' spectacle every season and deliver a final run that satisfies even its most demanding fans. We don't want to use it to launch [a new series].
We don't know yet when exactly Game of Thrones will premiere in 2019 (until season seven's summer release, the show normally aired in spring), so we are likely more than two years away from a spin-off.
That means each of the final six episodes that will make up Season 8 could essentially be a movie. "These are among the best writers working and I'm hopeful".
He told TV Line that there are some things that are "potentially very exciting". We're not doing a final season and then, 'Following it at 11pm...' I've seen some exciting material. "We have some really talented writers working on them".
Camila Cabello's Debut Album 'Camila' Breaks Major iTunes Record in 24 Hours
I feel like I can just breathe now. "I don't like holding onto the past, especially when it's stuff that, in my opinion, is just petty".
The duo wanted as much time as they could to make the strongest - and most epic - episodes that they possibly could.
He continued: "I was exchanging emails with [showrunners] David [Benioff] Dan [Weiss] last night and we were all getting very soppy and emotional with each other". "Thrones is coming to the end at the right time for me, and everyone involved in it".
"There's a lot of things you can't do". Though the idea of it being canceled seemed ridiculous considering big wigs Reese Witherspoon and Nicole Kidman not only acted in the project but are also producers of the series.
- Three Indian Army soldiers fall from Dhruv chopper during rehearsals
- South Korea's Moon says Trump deserves 'big' credit for North Korea talks
- Consolidated (COKE) Shares Bought by New York State Common Retirement Fund
- Missouri governor admits affair, accused of blackmailing woman with photo
- Versace Family Slams Second Season of American Crime Story
- Activision Blizzard (ATVI) Sets New 12-Month High on Analyst Upgrade
- Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback delivers State of the State address
- Launch of Delta IV rocket with United States spy satellite postponed once again
- Enable Midstream Partners (ENBL) Getting Somewhat Favorable Media Coverage, Study Finds
- Sandston Corp (SDON): Share Price Drips Lower -14.77%