Ross, who had changed his running path, dived in a peculiar fashion in front of the ball that had been thrown by Jofra Archer, resulting in him knocking the ball onto his stumps.
The 27-year-old brought up his ton - the first by any batsman in the Big Bash this season - from 63 balls with a six in the 19th over at the Gabba and then cleared the ropes three times in a row in the final over, the third of which saw him pass Wright's total.
Bailey initially appealed for the run-out but expanded his appeal after seeing a replay which showed Ross had made his ground but looked to veer off his line.
Brisbane Heat captain Brendon McCullum didn't hold back when coming face to face with his opposite George Bailey, after a controversial decision went against the former Black Caps captain's side against the Hobart Hurricanes last night.
But following a review by CA's match officials department, a spokesman said the right decision had been made.
Florida monkeys could pass killer herpes to people
Since the researchers couldn't always track a spitball back to the monkey who made it, the exact numbers are a little vague. In the meantime, Wisely says, if you are tempted to feed, snuggle, or attempt a selfie with the wildlife, just don't.
"The umpire is always right and we congratulate the Hurricanes on their victory", he said. "We are not righteous in our stance on the spirit of the game but every now and then you get a chance to stand up to the spirit of cricket and tonight George and the Hurricanes missed that opportunity".
The pair, who have both captained their country, were engaged in a long discussion following the game and were tense but civil exchanging their views in a combined television interview that followed.
"I don't really care what the rules are. To me it falls into the spirit of the game and I was making that point to George ... but he is quite entitled to do it differently", he added.
Rules state a player can be given out for wilfully obstructing the fielding side by word or action.
"We debated the philosophical merits of one another points but in the end my view of it and his view of it may have altered, " McCullum said.
Short blasted 122 not out off 69 balls - including eight sixes and eight fours - as he also passed 400 runs for the tournament so far. "I believe everything will be to the letter of the law in the next games", he said.
- Florida House of Representatives passes legislation concerning federal immigration laws
- Sudarsan pays tribute to Swami Vivekananda through sand art
- United States under fire during UN Security Council meeting on Iran protests
- What Recent Ownership Trends Suggest About Gerdau SA (GGB)'s Future Performance
- Baylor head coach Matt Rhule interviewed for the Colts vacancy
- Wrong-runway confusion during landing at SFO
- San Francisco 49ers linebacker Reuben Foster arrested for marijuana possession in Alabama
- Best Stocks To Invest: Progress Software Corporation (PRGS), Envision Healthcare Corporation (EVHC)
- Today Analysts Focus on Novavax, Inc. (NVAX), Nutanix, Inc. (NTNX)
- David Moyes ready to sell Javier Hernandez this month