Get breaking KHTS Santa Clarita News Alerts delivered right to your inbox. The fire, which led to deadly mudslides in Montecito, was officially deemed 100 percent contained on Friday, Jan. 12, 2018. "We would also like to thank the local and surrounding communities for their understanding and support during this time".
In the weeks since the deadly fire, the U.S. Geological Survey studied the burn area to determine its vulnerability to flash floods, mudslides and debris flows. This order includes trails within the burned area.
The fire erupted December 4 in Ventura County, destroying hundreds of homes before it spread into Santa Barbara County and threatened more communities, including Montecito.
4 outside Ventura as a series of blazes cropped up across Southern California, but it eventually grew to be the largest, burning through around 281,893 acres ― or about 213,000 football fields ― in and around the Los Padres National Forest. The Sage Hill Group Campground is temporarily closed while fire crews use the area as a base camp. After a wildfire, flood risk is usually highest until vegetation returns, which can take up to five years.
Analysts See $2.59 EPS for Canadian Pacific Railway Limited (CP)
Caisse DE Depot ET Placement DU Quebec raised its position in Canadian National Railway Company by 1.9% in the second quarter. First Manhattan invested in 0% or 1,522 shares. 5,105 were reported by Crestwood Grp Incorporated Limited Liability Company.
The Thomas Fire put a cap on what was the costliest year for wildfires in United States history, with $10 billion in damage.
Federal and state authorities are now examining the burn area to assess the risks for flooding and other post-fire hazards.
For traffic updates in Santa Barbara County, motorists may call Caltrans District 5 Public Affairs at 805-549-3318 or can visit our website at: http://www.dot.ca.gov/dist05/road_information.htm Also, our free Quickmap app will provide real-time information on full closures, CHP incidents, traffic cameras and other important highway information.
- How right-wing people are defending Trump's indefensible 'shithole' remarks
- US Not Contemplating Unilateral Action
- Hot Trending Stocks: Schlumberger Limited (SLB), CVS Health Corporation (CVS)
- Ventura County flu deaths rise again; public health officials urge vaccination
- Giggs in talks to be new Wales coach
- Aetna Inc. (AET): What's the Story?
- Djokovic happy with return ahead of Open
- Trump in 'excellent health,' White House doctor says after exam
- Serena Williams: 'Everything went bad' in medical ordeal after giving birth
- Here's What You Need To Know About The Meltdown And Spectre Bugs