The duo was released from the jail on Wednesday evening after it became known that they had conspired to get an FIR lodged against them so that they could stay in the jail and be at their master's beck and call.
JD-U general secretary K C Tyagi said a new political chapter has begun with the court's decision and it means politicians will be afraid of committing any such wrongdoing. The Indian Express quoted Ranchi's DSP (City) Raj Kumar Mehta as saying.
The Times of India reported that both men surrendered before the CJM court in Ranchi on the same day.
According to Lalu's counsels, he will be moving the Jharkhand High Court later this week challenging the decision of the CBI court and also file petition for bail.
Canada Goes Toe-to-Toe With US Trade Policy
The complaint is "certainly not typical", said Greg Kanargelidis, an worldwide trade lawyer at Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP. " Even if Canada succeeded on these groundless claims, other countries would primarily benefit, not Canada ".
Taking not of the matter, Adityanath has ordered Jhansi Commissioner to investigate the case and draft a report at the earliest.
Rashtriya Janata Dal chief Lalu Prasad Yadav was on Saturday sentenced to three-and-a-half years in jail and fined Rs 10 lakh by a special Central Bureau of Investigation court in a fodder scam case relating to fraudulent withdrawal of Rs 89.27 lakh from the Deoghar Treasury 21 years ago.
RJD chief Lalu Prasad while appearing before the Special Court of Shiv Pal Singh in a fodder scam case RC38A/96 on Wednesday demanded chuda-dahi (flattened rice and curd) in the jail on the occasion of Makar Sankranti. The judge promised Lalu that he will get Chura Dahi as a snack on Makar Sankranti."I will get dahi chura arranged in jail", the judge told him. "His politics of social justice has been exposed by his acts ranging from getting land gifted for his family by poor people to getting his poor aides jailed to serve him", said JD (U) spokesperson and MLC Neeraj Kumar. The nature of offences for which they were in jail was, however, not clear yet.
"They (the accusers) should show any video footage of the two serving the RJD supremo", Yadav, an RJD MLA, said.
- EPS Growth overview of Anadarko Petroleum Corporation (NYSE:APC)
- Floyd Mayweather Confuses #MeToo Movement In The Most Ignorant Way
- Will sit as healthy scratch
- Reggie Lynch Denies Sexual Assault Allegations, Requests Appeal Amid Suspension
- Turkey summons U.S. charge d'affaires over Syria
- BJP to hold 'Jail Bharo' agitation against Siddaramaiah govt
- The updated 2019 Mini Cooper is now slightly British-er
- Constellation Brands (STZ) Price Target Raised to $226.00
- Ohio State Routs Michigan State 80-64
- UCF coaches to receive national championship bonus