To add to the mystery status of Zuma mission, the satellite is still categorized as a payload by the US space-based surveillance system. It is not as powerful as the Saturn V, the rocket which propelled astronauts into space for the 1960's and 1970's Apollo missions, but it is lighter and more efficient.
"We have made a decision to stand down and take a closer look at data from recent fairing testing for another customer", said SpaceX communications director John Taylor at the time.
"For clarity: after review of all data to date, Falcon 9 did everything correctly on Sunday night".
"If we or others find otherwise based on further review, we will report it immediately", she said.
Northrop Grumman - which provided the satellite for an undisclosed USA government entity - said it can not comment on classified missions. "Information published that is contrary to this statement is categorically false". The company chose SpaceX as the launch provider, noting late past year that it took "great care to ensure the most affordable and lowest risk scenario for Zuma". Rumors associated with the same stated that the mission lost control during the second stage of separation from the rocket and fell back into the Earth. The company later said it had cleared the issue.
Inc. NY Reduces Stake in Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. (NCLH)
Gsa Capital Prns Limited Liability Partnership holds 0.1% in Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. (NYSE:NCLH) or 26,588 shares. Baird with "Hold" on Friday, October 6. (NASDAQ:SNPS) earned "Outperform" rating by RBC Capital Markets on Monday, June 6.
SpaceX is the commercial launch service formed by Elon Musk, who is also CEO of Tesla.
The Falcon 9 launcher returned to Earth successfully after the company's first mission for 2018. It could majorly affect the future business prospects of the company SpaceX associated with the defense, explained the defense analyst at the Lexington Institute, Loren Thompson.
According to Shotwell, "Since the data reviewed so far indicates that no design, operational or other changes are needed, we do not anticipate any impact on the upcoming launch schedule".
Just before 1 p.m., though, the company postponed the test fire.
- Will enough tax be withheld from your paycheck? Good question
- Lieberman to approve over 1000 new homes in West Bank settlements
- Seal: Oprah Knew About Weinstein, Was 'Part the of Problem'
- Camila Cabello explains why she left Fifth Harmony
- Apple iPhone owners a nice surprise
- Comey urges reauthorization of FISA provision ahead of House vote
- Eric Clapton Reveals He's Losing His Hearing
- Honda Insight prototype previews 50 mpg 2019 Insight hybrid sedan
- Bon Jovi to perform at Canadian Tire Centre May 7
- Body found of U.S. tourist who went missing on Larapinta Trail