Stock markets saw a fresh surge on Friday morning as Sensex jumped a further 100 points, hitting a fresh all-time high of 34,638.42.
Sensex was higher by 106 points at 32,079, While Nifty was up by 30 points at 10,682.
The barometer 30-scrip Sensitive Index (Sensex) of the BSE recovered nearly 250 points from its day's low at 34,342.16 points to close the day's trade at a new high of 34,592.39 points - up 88.90 points or 0.26 per cent - from its previous session's close. During the week, the Sensex gained 438.54 points, or 1.28%, while the Nifty rose 122.40 points, or 1.15%.
Investors were cautious ahead of Q3 results by Infosys to released later in the day after the country's largest IT firm TCS posted a 3.9 per cent drop in profit and a 2.7 per cent increase in revenue for the October-December quarter.
Canada Goes Toe-to-Toe With US Trade Policy
The complaint is "certainly not typical", said Greg Kanargelidis, an worldwide trade lawyer at Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP. " Even if Canada succeeded on these groundless claims, other countries would primarily benefit, not Canada ".
Domestic investors were also keeping an eye on retail inflation data.
Despite opening on a positive note, the stock failed to hold on the momentum and lost 1.59 per cent to Rs 2,744 as the trade progressed on BSE. Japan's Nikkei dipped 0.1 per cent.
Mumbai: Benchmarks Sensex and Nifty ended at fresh life-time highs on Thursday on optimism surrounding corporate earnings amid mixed global cues.
It surpassed its previous record closing of 10,651.20 hit yesterday.
- UCF coaches to receive national championship bonus
- Houthi rebels say they fired ballistic missile at Saudi Arabia
- Rob Lowe Slams Bella Thorne For Her 'Inconvenienced' Tweet About California's Mudslides
- Malaysian opposition announces 92-year-old will run for Prime Minister
- O'Neill and Keane head for Dublin as Sanchez Flores Stoke bound
- Turkey summons U.S. charge d'affaires over Syria
- Transocean (RIG) Given a $11.00 Price Target at Piper Jaffray Companies
- Herdsmen have attacked Benue 47 times in 5 years - Tor Tiv
- Ryder Cup absence has 'fuelled the fire' for Casey
- Zimbabwe anti-corruption body investigates Grace Mugabe's PhD