At least 100 members of the Shri Rajput Karni Sena were detained from Mumbai's Peddar Road area on Friday for protesting outside the Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC) office in connection with the release of film "Padmavat". After a long haul with politicians and Censor Padmaavat was passed with a U/A certificate and necessary surgery by also changing it's name to Padmaavat.
As the controversial protests rocked the nation, it came to light that the film was yet to get a Censor certificate as CBFC hadn't reviewed the film.
India has the largest film industry in the world in terms of number of films produced. Amongst the suggested modifications was the title change of the film.
The statement further said, "Bhansali Productions and Viacom 18 Motion Pictures, have accepted and have made all the above changes". Rajput group Karni sena has now made a decision to call protest all over the country on the day of Padmaavat release by the name of janta curfew to stop the release. "We believe that these changes are in line with the filmic depiction of the story we wanted to tell".
Bangladeshi immigrant indicted for NY subway bomb attack
Akayed Ullah was arrested after allegedly setting off a pipe bomb in a tunnel leading to Times Square on December 11, 2017. When Manhattan Federal Judge Richard Sullivan asked Ullah his plea, Ullah replied, "At this moment, not guilty".
"We appreciate the balanced and considered approach that the CBFC has taken to address this situation", a company spokesperson from Viacom18 Media Pvt Ltd said. But according to reports, Padmavat is going to release on January 25.
The official handles of the film on Facebook and Twitter were also changed to Padmaavat Thursday morning.
Earlier, Sanjay Leela Bhansali movie was slated to release on December 1, but postponed due to the controversy over its plot. Padmaavat clashes at the box office with Akshay Kumar's PadMan. Even after all the necessary legal precautions of releasing a film being cleared by Padmaavat, Karni Sena simply wants the film to be never showcased as they think that the film is twisting history.
Meanwhile, CBFC has suggested some 300 cuts to the film."The makers submitted the final film with agreed five modifications".
- Intel: Chip performance takes a 6% hit with security updates
- New York Islanders vs. Boston Bruins - 1/2/18 NHL Pick, Odds, and Prediction
- Trump says he would beat Oprah in 2020
- Switzerland's Zermatt ski resort cut off due to avalanche risk
- Celebrity Big Brother 2018: India Willoughby eviction CONFIRMED? 'She's paying the price'
- Rand slides as Zuma resignation talk is dismissed
- Monaco must 'prepare' for Thomas Lemar interest - Leonardo Jardim
- Courtney Act's Skirt Just Fell Off While Entering The CBB House
- Former Isle of Wight Businessman "Guilty" Of BHS Pension Charges
- Liam Neeson says the gender pay gap is 'f---ing disgraceful'