LG went to the CES 2018 event to launch a number of products including the LG WK9 ThinQ Google Assistant touchscreen speaker, ThinQ smart kitchen appliances, ThinQ AI technology, new α (Alpha) 9 processor, and the LG V30 Raspberry Rose. If this happens, this would mean that the company's mobile division will be in the red for the 11th straight quarter.
LG Electronics CEO Cho Seong-jin says the company plans to unveil new smartphones "when it is needed", rather than to maintain competition with rival devices.
Cho Sung-jin, Vice Chairman of LG Electronics, spoke at the 2018 Consumer Electronics Show about the state of the company's smartphone business. He was responding to a question on when the firm would launch its new flagship smartphone LG G7.
Ohio State Routs Michigan State 80-64
And Michigan State will have to play at Tate and Diop's place in potentially the Spartans' toughest true road game of the season. I thought it was good the way they battled, and that's something we can build on. "That's the challenge for us moving forward".
Cho did not comment on the division's financial losses however, instead citing concerns over "the supply of lithium materials" and the need to "retain a good platform" as key factors in the decision.
LG's mobile communications unit is estimated to report a financial loss for the 11th straight quarter in the October-December period past year. LG has therefore made a decision to stop releasing flagship smartphones on an annual basis like it has been doing for so many years in tandem with rival Samsung. The executive further added that the plan is to retain existing models longer by unveiling more variants. "But we are raising its brand profile now and the business is expected to make profits in two to three years", Cho said. Last year, LG did well on the budget phone category but not on the flagship category.
LG started to provide CLOi robots at Incheon Airport and Starfield Hanam, a large shopping mall in Korea, last year.
- The Charles Schwab Corporation (NYSE: SCHW) - Technical Secrets
- Malaysian opposition announces 92-year-old will run for Prime Minister
- Analyst's Predictions on Delta Air Lines, Inc. (DAL), Square, Inc. (SQ)
- Former Louisville 5-Star Recruit Brian Bowen Transferring to SC
- British American Tobacco (BATS) Stock Price Down 0.2%
- Will sit as healthy scratch
- Pope Francis urges peace and understanding for migrants
- Kenya Airways Announces Ticket Prices for its Direct Flight to the US
- Reggie Lynch Denies Sexual Assault Allegations, Requests Appeal Amid Suspension
- BJP to hold 'Jail Bharo' agitation against Siddaramaiah govt