The Premier League has used another system, Hawk-Eye, since 2013-14, which has been largely controversy free.
Two technical failures during last night's League Cup quarter-finals were the final straw, coming only three weeks after the Ligue de Football Professionnel (LFP) had sent a warning to the company, GoalControl, over earlier errors.
France is also trialling the video assistant referee (VAR) system in the League Cup - from the quarter-finals onwards - with a view to introducing it in Ligue 1 next season. For now, the technology is suspended while GoalControl work out what the problem is.
According to the LFP, it met with GoalControl last month to express its dissatisfaction that occurred in several Ligue 1 matches, including this incident where technology indicated to the official that a Troyes shot on goal had crossed the line when it had not.
A Look at Wells Fargo & Co (NYSE:WFC) Wholesale Banking Segment
The market capitalization (Stock Price Multiply by Total Number of Outstanding Shares) for the company is reported at $308.10B. After $1.04 actual EPS reported by Wells Fargo & Company for the previous quarter, Wall Street now forecasts 0.00% EPS growth.
The first blunder was caused by GoalControl during League Cup's match between PSG and Amiens, where the technology did not alert the referees for PSG's second goal and Video Assistant Referee (VAR) instead awarded the goal.
The second glitch occured in the tie between Angers and Montpellier when the system incorrectly made the referee's watch vibrate to signal a goal even though there was none scored.
There has been a lot of infusion of technology in football lately considering its extensive usage in other sports of the world.
- UCF coaches to receive national championship bonus
- Ryder Cup absence has 'fuelled the fire' for Casey
- Trade Relations: Macron Says China Will Order 184 Airbus Planes
- Some protesters decry Trump ahead of title game
- Padmavati becomes Padmaavat: Here's how film changed after CBFC modifications
- No impact on tax, consulting: Price Waterhouse
- Pope Francis urges peace and understanding for migrants
- Tiger Zinda Hai On Course To Cross Rs 300 Crore Mark!
- Stephen Colbert edits himself into Jake Tapper's sizzling interview with Stephen Miller
- Malaysian opposition announces 92-year-old will run for Prime Minister