While GLAS is hardly the first smart thermostat, its use of a powerful virtual assistant helps it stand out from the likes of Hive and Nest smart devices. The AI can give you indoor and outdoor temperature reports by voice control, as well as adjust the thermostat up and down. Unfortunately, Cortana still can't differentiate between devices, so it's entirely likely that when you say the above statement, your thermostat will adjust the temperature, but your Invoke will say something about how it can't do that.
Catalonia sticks with 'exiled' leader
Polls consistently show most Catalans want the right to decide their future but are evenly divided over splitting from Spain. Her party won the most votes in December but not enough to form a government.
The device, made through a partnership with Johnson Controls, will be available for pre-order for $319 (around £235/AU$406) beginning in March.
The thermostat can learn your preferred settings and your daily routine, intelligently detecting when the user is home and adjust the temperature accordingly. "Cortana can help you manage your calendar, inform you of traffic, answer questions, and more, so all of this information is on display in one place to help jumpstart your day before leaving the door", Microsoft explained. As the name implies, it's a translucent OLED touchscreen. GLAS will also have similar functionality to a smart speaker. "We wanted to take our experience of designing thermostats for industrial applications and enhance the features, function and user interface of the thermostat to create a more efficient and innovative way to control a space". Smart thermostats in general are aimed at helping users save money on heating and cooling bills by giving more control over how energy is used and at what time. No word on a price or release date for the device.
- Arsene Wenger sticking to his guns in penalty row
- 'Drunk' Russian crashes tank into store, goes shopping
- Pak-US cooperation imperative for regional peace: Foreign Office
- Donald Trump celebrates 2018 with lavish party at Mar-a-Lago resort
- LG Shows Off 65-Inch OLED TV That Rolls Up
- Highly Traded Stock: Physicians Realty Trust (DOC)
- M&S outsources 250 technology roles to Tata
- Gambit Loses Director, Gets Release Date
- Global Warming Is Turning 99 Percent Of Northern Queensland's Turtles Female
- Flight of the Conchords are returning -- very briefly