Bowen was not mentioned directly in the FBI's report into an alleged bribery scheme but was later identified as the "unnamed player" that Adidas funneled $100,000 to as the request of a Louisville coach.
Bowen, who signed with Louisville in summer 2017, spent the fall semester enrolled at the school but did not play.
Bowen told ESPN's Jeff Goodman in December that he was "shocked" by the allegations.
Wednesday, Bowen told Goodman he had been admitted to the University of SC and would petition the NCAA for reinstatement as a student-athlete.
Bowen, who transferred to La Lumiere High School in IN for the end of his high school career, averaged 21 points and seven rebounds per game as a senior.
SC will have to petition the NCAA for Bowen's reinstatement. He will do that now, all the while knowing there are questions out there concerning what happened at Louisville and exactly what part, if any, he played in that.
Bowen arrived in Columbia, South Carolina, over the weekend and was officially admitted on Monday. He is a strong, athletic small forward, who can really shoot the ball and rebound.
'Frozen embryos are as good as fresh ones for IVF births'
Rates of ongoing pregnancy occurred in 36 per cent of the frozen-embryo group and 34.5 per cent in the fresh-embryo group, according to the study.
Frank Martin led the program to a Final Four appearance a year ago.
Now, a possible fresh start.
He even did a photoshoot, sporting a Gamecocks uniform, but who knows how long it'll be until he plays.
"Over the coming months, we will work diligently with the NCAA through our compliance office to ensure that Brian is eligible for competition", South Carolina Athletics director Ray Tanner said.
SC also was among the schools that had an assistant coach charged as part of the Federal Bureau of Investigation probe. Evans, who coached at Oklahoma State last season, is accused of accepting at least $22,000 to "exert his influence over certain student athletes" at Oklahoma State and SC. That opportunity came from SC.
He already has to sit out this season in accordance with the NCAA rules regarding transfers, and the NCAA would still have to reinstate him before he could suit up for SC for the 2018-19 season.
- TODAY'S FORECAST: Rain, high near 50
- Liam Neeson says the gender pay gap is 'f---ing disgraceful'
- Extending CHIP Would Actually Save Taxpayers Money: CBO
- AstraZeneca Receives FDA Approval for Breast Cancer Treatment
- Courtney Act's Skirt Just Fell Off While Entering The CBB House
- WWE Royal Rumble 2018 Spoiler: Two Former Women's Champions Returning?
- Switzerland's Zermatt ski resort cut off due to avalanche risk
- Everything you didn't know about the anime series — Dragon Ball Z
- British American Tobacco (BATS) Stock Price Down 0.2%
- Tiger Zinda Hai On Course To Cross Rs 300 Crore Mark!