"We appeal to Mr Siddaramaiah and Mr Dinesh Gundu Rao [working president of the Karnataka Pradesh Congress Committee] to arrest and put us in jail as they think we are all terrorists", BJP State General Secretary Shobha Karandlaje said at a press conference in Bengaluru on Thursday.
Other BJP leaders also threatened to file a slew of criminal defamation cases against the Congress.
BJP national president Amit Shah asked voters in Karnataka to dislodge the "anti-Hindu " Congress government, while setting at rest any doubts over state president BS Yeddyurappa's choice as party's chief ministerial candidate.
But, later speaking to reporters in Mysuru, Mr Siddaramaiah said, "I had said they are Hindutva terrorists".
A Look at Wells Fargo & Co (NYSE:WFC) Wholesale Banking Segment
The market capitalization (Stock Price Multiply by Total Number of Outstanding Shares) for the company is reported at $308.10B. After $1.04 actual EPS reported by Wells Fargo & Company for the previous quarter, Wall Street now forecasts 0.00% EPS growth.
Facing flak from the BJP, Siddaramaiah kept up his attack on BJP and RSS, but changed his stance from his Wednesday's statement and branded them as "Hindu extremists".
A day earlier, Adityanath had mocked at Siddaramaiah's assertion about his Hindu credentials to which the latter had said the Hindutva he follows was the legacy of Swami Vivekananda and not Nathuram Godse, assassin of Mahatma Gandhi. "But I have humanity, and these people do not".
He quoted a Kannada proverb to say that "it is like one touching his shoulder to check when called a pumpkin thief", implying that one with a guilty conscience needs no accuser.
Accusing the Congress of having supported and encouraging the Khalist-an movement, she said, "We have lost several officers, soldiers, leaders and also PM because of it". "They themselves are like terrorists in a way. Whichever organisation it may be, whether SDPI, PFI or RSS, Bajrang Dal or VHP, our government will not tolerate it if anyone indulges in terrorism and communalism", the CM thundered.
- TODAY'S FORECAST: Rain, high near 50
- Switzerland's Zermatt ski resort cut off due to avalanche risk
- European Union top lawyer says Romania must accept gay partners
- Jio effect: Airtel Rs
- Padmavati becomes Padmaavat: Here's how film changed after CBFC modifications
- Courtney Act's Skirt Just Fell Off While Entering The CBB House
- British American Tobacco (BATS) Stock Price Down 0.2%
- Kenya Airways Announces Ticket Prices for its Direct Flight to the US
- No impact on tax, consulting: Price Waterhouse
- Pope Francis urges peace and understanding for migrants