Serena Williams was "excited to be back" after completing her first match since giving birth fourth months ago.
In a match featuring a super tie-break and lasting one hour and seven minutes, Ostapenko won 6-2, 3-6, 10-5.
"I don't know if I am totally ready to come back on the Tour yet".
'It's good to be back on court. first matches back are super, incredibly hard especially after having a baby'. "I am definitely looking forward to getting back out there", Williams said. The day I found out I was pregnant, I had to pretend everything was normal but I was dying inside.
South Korea seizes Hong Kong ship for oil transfer to North Korea
It was not immediately possible to find contact information for the Taiwanese charter company. Prior to that, it was active between India and the United Arab Emirates.
"Unfortunately, in the past few days I started to feel pain in the elbow and after several tests, my medical team has advised me not to risk anything, to withdraw from the tournament and to immediately continue with the therapies".
"For me, it is all about physical, how I am feeling physically". The more I played, the more confident I felt that I would be able to go for shots that I was afraid to go for in the first set.
Murray has been dogged by a hip complaint and showed the effects of his time away from the court during his 6-2 defeat by Spaniard Roberto Bautista Agut in Abu Dhabi on Friday. I was a little anxious out there, [thinking] 'is it going to be ok?'.
Bautista Agut made a strong start to the second set by breaking Anderson in the second game, but the South African broke back immediately to restore parity. "I mean she's such a great champion and such a talented player, so I think not many players can play at such a high level after being out for a long time", said the 20-year-old. An aggressive Anderson swept the tiebreaker. "Not just physically, but also mentally".
- S.Korea welcomes Kim's offer for dialogue
- Prominent Russian Blockchain Expert Kidnapped Days Before Hackers Targeted His Bitcoin Exchange
- NFL coaching carousel: Lions fire Jim Caldwell
- Weather warning: Storm Eleanor to hit Ireland on Tuesday
- Harden Suffers Hamstring Strain in Win
- Kim says USA should know North Korean nuclear force a reality
- Pep seeks quick rebound after draw snaps 'unreal' run
- Explodes for franchise-record 52 in Monday's OT win
- My Land, My Rules! New Zealanders Build 'Island' to Thwart Alcohol Ban
- Long lines for DFW global passengers due to US Customs computer issue