It has promised not only to satisfy hundreds of thousands of would-be Model 3 owners, but also to produce a new electric semi truck in 2019 and ultra-fast new Roadster in 2020, along with starting to produce a "Model Y" compact SUV as early as mid-2019 and unveiling a pickup truck as soon as the end of next year. "I promise that we will make a pickup truck right after Model Y", Musk tweeted, admitting that he has had the core design and engineering elements in his mind for almost five years. "Have had the core design/engineering elements in my mind for nearly five years", he said. Am dying to build it, "stated Elon Musk in a tweet posted on 26 December replying to Twitter user Vancouver Seed Bank". But then added: "Maybe slightly bigger to account for a really game-changing (I think) feature I'd like to add".
Tesla stock has soared this year despite major production delays for its Model 3 sedan. It's substantially bigger than the "one-tonne" pick-ups we get in the United Kingdom so Tesla's truck is likely to be targeted at the U.S. where larger trucks are big business with the F150 selling over 800k units in 2017. This immediately started a long conversation about many Tesla features and upcoming products, many of which the serial tech entrepreneur directly responded to.
Jet Reportedly Owned by Lord Ashcroft Crashes Into Building at Malta Airport
The politician is estimated to be worth £1.32 billion along with being the belonger of the Turks and Caicos Islands. It is thought that strong winds on the runway may have dislodged the wheel chock holding the aircraft in place.
When asked to reveal the feature, Musk went silent.
Musk has floated the idea of a Tesla pickup truck before. He's mentioned the pick-up truck plans throughout his Master Plan Part Deux as well. Specifically, Musk fired off a tweet thanking Tesla owners across the globe for "taking a chance on a new company that all experts said would fail" before soliciting Tesla owners for suggestions on how the company can "improve further". The company has a daunting list of 450,000 Model 3 reservations to churn through, and even bullish analysts of the company expect it to fall well short of Musk's production goal for 2018 of 500,000 vehicles.
- Dissecting the Insider Trading Patterns of Delta Air Lines, Inc. (DAL)
- Cuts Stake in UnitedHealth Group Inc (UNH)
- Health care threatened for nine million low-income United States children
- Ananth Kumar Hegde apologises after Chair nudge
- Parkwood LLC Cuts Stake in Weatherford International Plc (WFT)
- Ex-footballer Weah wins landmark Liberia presidential vote
- Uber investors agree to sell sizeable stake to SoftBank-led group
- Twitter said to have shut down Palestinian teen's account over hate speech
- Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN) Holdings Lifted by Raymond James Trust NA
- Shooting suspect fires at two cruisers, wrecks on I-95 in Stafford