The acquisition aligns with Amazon's effort to offer more home devices.
Amazon might be better known as the largest online retailer in the world, but the company's slow and steady entry into the smart home market was punctuated today with its purchase of smart camera and doorbell maker Blink. Over the years, Blink released several more cameras and later began selling smart doorbells. Again, while it's not the first video doorbell system, it distinguishes itself by its ease of installation given there are no cables or wires to accommodate.
Analyst Buzz: Eli Lilly and Company (NYSE:LLY)
Fiduciary Fin Service Of The Southwest Inc Tx owns 0.31% invested in Eli Lilly and Company (NYSE:LLY) for 12,167 shares. The stock of Eli Lilly and Company (NYSE:LLY) earned "Neutral" rating by Atlantic Securities on Friday, November 25.
It's not hard to see, therefore, why Amazon might have been interested.
Blink announced the news on its website, but terms of the deal haven't been disclosed. The installation of connected devices needed on top of that trust only adds a further hurdle. Since then, Immedia raised about $20 million in funding, according to documents filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
For the time being, all of these products remain under the Blink brand and aren't integrated with Amazon's many services (though they do support Alexa), which their possible integration with the home delivery system is just speculation for the time being. Instead, Blink will continue to make and sell its cameras under the Amazon umbrella. "We're excited to welcome their team and invent together on behalf of customers".
- Revamps Its Position for Performance Measures: The Coca-Cola Company (NYSE:KO)
- Finisar (FNSR) Raised to "Sell" at BidaskClub
- Auto finisce nel fossato dopo un incidente stradale
- Italian 'ambulance of death' worker arrested
- 'Pill mill' doctor who prescribed millions of opioids released on bail
- Keep Trump off the Trail in 2018
- Guwahati all set for Saina-Sindhu clash in PBL-3 opener
- Microsoft Corporation (MSFT) held by 234 SEC 13F Filers
- Know before you buy this stock: Duke Energy Corporation (NYSE:DUK)
- Tax collector to homeowners: Pay second property tax installment by December 29