A poll of exit polls, an aggregate of 10 exit polls conducted in Gujarat, have predicted a clear majority for the BJP with 116 seats in the 182-seat assembly.
Ahead of the counting of votes in the Gujarat and Himachal Pradesh elections which were overshadowed by the Congress and others questioning the EVMs, Chief Election Commissioner (CEC) AK Joti today sought to assure the politicians and the voters by claiming the voting machines can not be tampered with.
However, it seems the BJP will have to settle for less than 120 seats, which they have got in 2012 Assembly election. The polling was held at two booths each in Vadgam and Savli constituencies and one each in Viramgam and Daskroi.
The Mondelez International, Inc. (MDLZ) Position Reduced by Pioneer Investment Management Inc
Beck Mack Oliver Lc reported 7,163 shares or 0.01% of all its holdings. 141,086 were accumulated by Jones Fincl Companies Lllp. Finally, Parkside Financial Bank & Trust grew its position in shares of Mondelez International by 8.3% during the 2nd quarter.
Dalit leader Jignesh Mevani is contesting from the Vadgam (SC) seat as an Independent candidate supported by the Congress. The campaign this year for the opposition has been led by Congress President Rahul Gandhi and has involved acrid attacks and counters.
"Counting of votes will be held at 37 locations across 33 districts in the State under elaborate security arrangements", Gujarat Chief Electoral Officer B.B. Swain has said.
Parrikar took to Twitter to congratulate Rupani soon after the counting trends showed the BJP is heading towards retaining power in the state.
"I bow to the people of Gujarat and Himachal Pradesh for their affection and trust in BJP. I assure that EVMS can not be tampered with".
- South Korea accuses Chinese military planes of breaching its air defence zone
- 3M Co (MMM) Holding Has Upped by Private Advisor Group Llc
- Manchester United player ratings: Jesse Lingard shines against West Brom
- The 10 most shocking moments in Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- Samsung might reveal the Galaxy S9 in March
- UN Security Council Expected to Vote Against Jerusalem Status Change
- Does Newfield Exploration Company (NFX) Have Any Gas After Today's Huge Decline?
- What happened when Ranveer Singh met Deepika's father Prakash Padukone?
- Georgia Toffolo: I'm the ditz the Tories should be listening to
- AC Milan hero Kaka announces his retirement