A poll of exit polls, an aggregate of 10 exit polls conducted in Gujarat, have predicted a clear majority for the BJP with 116 seats in the 182-seat assembly.
Ahead of the counting of votes in the Gujarat and Himachal Pradesh elections which were overshadowed by the Congress and others questioning the EVMs, Chief Election Commissioner (CEC) AK Joti today sought to assure the politicians and the voters by claiming the voting machines can not be tampered with.
However, it seems the BJP will have to settle for less than 120 seats, which they have got in 2012 Assembly election. The polling was held at two booths each in Vadgam and Savli constituencies and one each in Viramgam and Daskroi.
Wells Fargo & Company (WFC) Analysts See $1.04 EPS
Wellington Mngmt Ltd Liability Partnership owns 1.18% invested in Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE:WFC) for 90.06 million shares. The stock has a market cap of $294,815.50, a price-to-earnings ratio of 14.46, a PEG ratio of 1.44 and a beta of 0.96.
Dalit leader Jignesh Mevani is contesting from the Vadgam (SC) seat as an Independent candidate supported by the Congress. The campaign this year for the opposition has been led by Congress President Rahul Gandhi and has involved acrid attacks and counters.
"Counting of votes will be held at 37 locations across 33 districts in the State under elaborate security arrangements", Gujarat Chief Electoral Officer B.B. Swain has said.
Parrikar took to Twitter to congratulate Rupani soon after the counting trends showed the BJP is heading towards retaining power in the state.
"I bow to the people of Gujarat and Himachal Pradesh for their affection and trust in BJP. I assure that EVMS can not be tampered with".
- What happened when Ranveer Singh met Deepika's father Prakash Padukone?
- American Airlines Group (AAL) Receiving Favorable Media Coverage, Analysis Shows
- Hershey to buy Amplify Snack Brands in $1.6bn deal
- Manchester United player ratings: Jesse Lingard shines against West Brom
- Lockheed Martin Corporation (NYSE:LMT) Insider Dale P. Bennett Sells 2000 Shares
- Jammu and Kashmir: Pakistani militant of Jesh dies in Tral, body recovered
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company (NYSE:HPE) - Market Cap to Track
- Does Newfield Exploration Company (NFX) Have Any Gas After Today's Huge Decline?
- The 10 most shocking moments in Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- UN Security Council Expected to Vote Against Jerusalem Status Change