So much so, that Netflix - who are notoriously cagey about their streaming data - made a decision to call out the superfans. The plot is delightful and similar to your favorite Lifetime originals: A young magazine journalist (Rose McIver) travels to the fictional country of Aldovia to get the scoop on a notoriously-single prince (Ben Lamb), who's about to become king.
The movie, which is Netflix's rather triumphant attempt to emulate the dumb magic of Hallmark and Lifetime Christmas movies, is getting a lot of attention lately for its achievement in the silly category. Netflix tweeted Sunday night (December 10).
But the tweet didn't quite go as planned - with Twitter users criticising Netflix for appearing to reveal confidential viewing habits.
Previously Netflix called out an unnamed customer for watching Bee Movie a total of 357 times in 2017, and another account that watched Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl 365 days in a row (which had to be some black site enhanced interrogation tactic, right?).
Netflix jokingly responded: "I just want to make sure you're okay".
Netflix responds to criticism over 'creepy' A Christmas Prince tweet
So, is this an attempt by the streaming service to create buzz and get more people to watch yet another mediocre Christmas flick?
Something tells us the former.
A Christmas Prince has been this season's Netflix obsession, infamous for being so bad it's good.
In case this hasn't already made your "must watch" list, Christmas Inheritance also stars familiar faces like Jake Lacy (The Office, Girls), Golden Globe victor Andie MacDowell, Michael Xavier (Rookie Blue), and Ben Rosenbaum (When Calls the Heart).
2 sons of Montgomery Co. deputy perish in Schwenksville, Pa. fire
Firefighters were called to the family's home in Schwenksville at around 5:30 Wednesday morning after a fire erupted. His wife Tracy and nine-year-old daughter Soffia have been released from Pottstown Hospital and have joined Dep.
- Klopp: Liverpool must accept West Brom frustration
- Native Advocacy Group's Redskins Name-Change Prank Fooled Tons Of People
- ROY HARPER Will Return to ARROW
- Keaton Jones' School Principal Speaks Out About Viral Bullying Video
- Salma Hayek Says Harvey Weinstein Sexually Harassed And Threatened To Kill Her
- Russell Simmons Faces New Rape Allegations
- Bill Clinton 'saddened' by loss of friend, Mayor Ed Lee,
- Mourinho slams Manchester derby penalty decision in programme notes
- Penn State Beaver College Shooting: Full Story & Must-See Details
- Kirsten Dunst Is Reportedly Pregnant With Her First Child