In his meetings in Gujarat, Modi did not talk much about the claimed development of the state and the achievements of his party in office, but only about how bad others, including past governments at the Centre and in the state, were.
Modi's comments had attracted strident criticism from Opposition leaders, including Dr Singh who had accused the Prime Minister of spreading "falsehoods and canards" and for "setting a risky precedent by his insatiable desire to tarnish every constitutional office".
Prime Minister Narendra Modi, BJP patriarch L K Advani and Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley are among the saffron heavyweights required to exercise their franchise in the second and final phase of Gujarat polls.
"I am astonished. I had gone for dinner and I heard him saying that Pakistan is hatching a conspiracy", Kasuri, who served as Pakistan's Foreign Minister between November 2002 and November 2007, told Urdu language Samaa TV news channel.
"I am deeply pained and anguished by the falsehood and canards being spread to score political points in a lost cause by none less than Prime Minister, Sh". He also said that the Pakistani leaders a few days back had expressed that Congress leader and personal advisor to Sonia Gandhi, Ahmed Patel will be the Chief Minister of Gujarat.
Netflix responds to criticism over 'creepy' A Christmas Prince tweet
So much so, that Netflix - who are notoriously cagey about their streaming data - made a decision to call out the superfans. A Christmas Prince has been this season's Netflix obsession, infamous for being so bad it's good.
On Sunday, during an election rally in Gujarat Modi alleged the Congress and Pakistan were hatching a conspiracy to ensure the BJP loses the Gujarat assembly elections. We just want to ask him whether he was so angry when monumental loot and plunder was happening under his watch?
The ex-PM advised the current PM to show the "maturity and gravitas expected of his office".
Singh rejected the "innuendos and falsehoods" made by Modi, stressing he did not discuss Gujarat elections with anyone else at the dinner hosted by Congress leader Mani Shankar Aiyar and attended by Singh.
When he conjures up this "anti-national alliance" and uses it in the election campaign, he is being unfair to the country's main opposition party, his predecessor in office and many others who have impeccable records of service to the country.
BJP president Shah replied with an attack on Singh.
- Bermuda Senate Votes to Repeal Marriage Equality
- The Injustice 2 Free Trial Starts Tomorrow
- Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo: Reporter's question a 'disservice' to women
- 'Happy Holidays' isn't an attack on Christmas
- Man appears in court charged in connection with triple shooting in Dublin
- Crytek Sues Star Citizen Developer Over Copyright Infringement
- Kentucky lawmaker kills himself day after denying he molested girl, 17
- Facebook Says Russia Spent Less Than $1 Trying To Interfere In Brexit
- Klopp: Liverpool must accept West Brom frustration
- Major League Baseball trade rumors: Cardinals on verge of getting Marlins All-Star Marcell Ozuna