Iranian state TV says a 6-magnitude quake has jolted a western region near the border with Iraq. In the same area in Southeast Iran on December 1 there was an natural disaster of magnitude 6.
It says the quake's depth was 10 kilometers, or 6.2 miles.
Another quake that hits the Iranian state at 5.4 occurred in western Iran on Monday, where last month 530 people died because of 7.3 magnitude natural disaster.
Pundit claims Romelu Lukaku was bullied by Man City rival
Although we had second half maybe the bigger chances, but, especially after our second goal, United had nothing to lose anymore. Henrikh Mkhitaryan has reportedly requested talks with Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho over his future at the club.
Iranian television said the quake hit near the town of Hejdak, around 400 miles (700km) south of the capital Tehran, but there is no word so far on any potential deaths or injuries. The President of the Iran Hassan Rouhani has highlighted his government efforts in supporting, bringing aids and temporary housing to the victims for the last month natural disaster.
Iran is one of the most seismically active countries in the world, being crossed by several major fault lines that cover at least 90% of the country.
Schools were closed in some areas of the province, ISNA news agency reported.
- Rugby Australia hand Castle the reins
- Sen Gillibrand: Trump Should Resign, Congress Should Investigate 'His Behavior'
- Kym Johnson Is Pregnant, Expecting Baby with Robert Herjavec!
- Open enrollment deadline looming
- Firms & Funds Favorite: Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company (NYSE:HPE)
- Taxify launches in another country to challenge Uber's ride-sharing dominance
- Chevron Corporation New (NYSE:CVX) Stock Is Shorted Less
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 Leak Shows The Back of The Device
- Merck KGaA (MRK) Given a €98.00 Price Target at Morgan Stanley
- Jackson Wealth Management LLC Purchases Shares of 11956 Activision Blizzard, Inc. (ATVI)