Asked about his impression of Chinese President Xi Jinping, Moon said he believes Xi is "sincere and trustworthy" and wants to ensure that their friendship lasts a long time.
President Moon has repeatedly called the trip a monumental undertaking to mend the bilateral relationship between Seoul and Beijing.
During the interview, Moon said that the China-ROK relations have developed rapidly since the two countries established diplomatic ties 25 years ago.
According to a Cheong Wa Dae official, although the two sides will fine-tune the statement together, the press releases will be given separately, hinting at discord remaining in Seoul-Beijing relations. He will kick off his four-day state visit Wednesday meeting with Korean residents in China to communicate with and encourage them.
President Moon has attached great importance to relations with China since taking office, Lu said, adding that China and ROK have reached some consensus on handling the Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) missile defense system issue. "In the future, South Korea will pay special attention not to use THAAD in places other than defending North Korea's nuclear weapons and missiles, and THAAD will not harm China's security interests", he continued.
Sand Art to Wish Birthday to Superstar Rajinikanth
Manas used 10 tons of sand to create the 10ft wide sand sculpture with a title - "HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO SUPER STAR RAJINIKANTH ". Produced by Wunderbar Films, which is owned by actor Dhanush , the film is nearing completion and will be released in 2018.
"I can say that we have been assured by the United States on this matter".
President Moon Jae-in on Monday told Chinese TV that Seoul's decision to let the USA deploy a THAAD missile defense battery here was "inevitable" due to the North Korean threat.
South Korea and China will not issue a joint statement following their leaders' summit scheduled to open in Beijing later this week.
Moon will then move on to Chongqing where he will visit the site of the provisional government of Korea during the Japanese occupation of the Korean Peninsula and meet with Chen Min'er, secretary of the Communist Party of China for the city.
- Breakthrough Listen Is Eavesdropping on Strange Interstellar Object 'Oumuamua
- Charlottesville Rejects Alt-Right Rally Planned for 2018
- 'Spasibo!' Erdogan Thanks Putin in Russian After Ankara Talks
- European Union governments complicit in migrant torture in Libya, says Amnesty
- Left alliance of Maoists and communists poised to form government in Nepal
- Piedmont Investment Advisors LLC Boosts Holdings in Adobe Systems Incorporated (ADBE)
- SpaceX Launching Recycled Rocket, Supply Capsule for NASA
- Russian Olympic Committee approves athletes competing as neutrals
- Chelsea join the race for Thomas Lemar
- Comcast bows out of Fox assets race