During a signing ceremony in the Oval Office on Monday, Trump will authorize the acting NASA administrator Robert M. Lightfoot Jr.to "lead an innovative space exploration program to send American astronauts back to the moon, and eventually Mars".
"This announcement gives us a strong, decisive direction for America's human space exploration program", Melcher said.
"The aerospace and defense industry continues to support NASA's human space exploration mission", said AIA President and CEO David F. Melcher.
"Imagine the possibility waiting in those big lovely stars if we dare to dream big".
He added, "This is a giant step toward that inspiring future and toward reclaiming America's proud destiny in space and space has so much to do with so many other applications including a military application".
Wal (WMT) Shareholder Brandywine Global Investment Management LLC Has Lifted Holding
Outstanding shares are common stock authorized by a company that are issued, purchased, and held by investors. (NYSE: WMT ). Schwab Charles Investment Management Inc. lifted its holdings in shares of Wal-Mart Stores by 1.9% in the second quarter.
"We will return American astronauts to the moon, not only to leave behind footprints and flags, but to build the foundation we need to send Americans to Mars and beyond", the vice president said.
President Donald Trump formally announced last night that he is sending Americans back to the moon.
Mr Trump said America was the leader and would remain the leader.
The signing of the latest directive comes on the 45th anniversary of the last manned mission to land on the moon on December 11, 1972.
- Right whales facing extinction after 17 die this year, scientists say
- Two Off-Duty Law Enforcement Officers Killed At Crash Scene In Montgomery Co
- Big decision on the horizon for Site C Dam
- Apple's progress in self-driving vehicle technology
- What are your thoughts regarding the upcoming vote on net neutrality?
- Laurel Wealth Advisors Inc. Takes $314000 Position in Barrick Gold Corp (ABX)
- Sheryl Crow Releases Song for Sandy Hook Promise
- Venom Will Be Based On Two Storylines From The Comics
- White House: Trump's throat 'was dry,' to release medical records
- MGM Resorts International (MGM) Earns Coverage Optimism Rating of 0.18