And Bosz, who took charge in July after leading Ajax to the Europa League final last season, suggested he would not be surprised if he was dismissed before seventh-placed Dortmund's next game at Mainz on Tuesday.
It is a situation that appears terminal for Bosz's job prospects following Saturday's 2-1 Bundesliga defeat at home to lowly Werder Bremen, a result that extended Dortmund's winless run to nine matches in all competitions.
"We decided yesterday evening in a chat with Peter Bosz that we must let him go immediately", Dortmund's CEO Hans-Joachim Watzke told a news conference. It was very emotional, but also respectful.
However, things changed dramatically as Dortmund lost surprisingly to newly promoted Hannover 4-2.
Pennsylvania Trust Co Continues to Hold Position in Pepsico INC (PEP)
Russell Investments Group Ltd. increased its stake in Pepsico by 14.6% during the first quarter. (NASDAQ:BEAT) for 81,626 shares. Lsv Asset Management stated it has 16,600 shares. (NYSE:PEP), Zacks tracked 13 brokers to create the consensus EPS estimate.
Dortmund's last victory dates back to October 24 when they crushed third division team Magdeburg in the German Cup. Koln bombed out of the UEFA Europa League and has yet to win in 14 league matches, but the 3-point season is not seen as indicative of Stoger's class.
The Austrian was sacked by Cologne earlier this month, but only after a four-year tenure in which he guided them to promotion from the second tier and then to fifth place in the league last season to earn European football. Watzke said at the time the club assumed it would be longer. He has proved that his team is characterized by great stability. "There is a lack of stability, especially on the defence", Dortmund's sporting director Michal Zorc said.
Now the side trails Bayern Munich by 13 points, a turnaround of 18 in just eight rounds.
Bosz was dismissed just hours after the Bremen defeat, when poor defending again led to another awful team display, and Stoeger has little time to prepare for their next Bundesliga game at Mainz on Tuesday.
- Philippines, Japan and Indonesia to co-host FIBA World Cup together
- Protests against Jerusalem move held across Lebanon
- How much snow will we get this weekend?
- Secondus emerges PDP national chairman
- Two killed in Israeli strikes on Gaza City
- Violent winds whip up California fires
- Pfizer Launching 'Generic Viagra' Pills At Lower Price On Dec. 11
- Tillerson scolds Saudi Arabia over Yemen, Qatar, Lebanon
- Dangal actress alleges sexual harassment on Vistara flight
- Freestone Capital Holdings LLC Upped Qualcomm INC (QCOM) Position by $19.99 Million