In what's bound to be one of the biggest upsets of the college basketball season, top-ranked Duke fell to Boston College, 89-84. After the final buzzer, fans stormed the court as the lights went off in the arena. The Eagles drained a whopping 11 3-pointers before halftime, taking a seven-point lead into intermission that a confluence of factors ultimately made it impossible to overcome.
The Eagles knocked down a barrage of 3-pointers in the first half (11-for-16), and led Duke (11-1, 0-1 ACC) for most of the game.
Swindon golfer David Howell shines in Joburg Open second round
He showed me a sign this morning and I just went out there and did what I had to do". "I want to stay within myself and play against my course".
Add in the fact that the Blue Devils start four freshmen playing in a hostile road environment in their first career conference game, and that situation can seem even more daunting. 6-foot-1 sophomore Ky Bowman led the way and almost had a triple-double with 30 points, 10 boards and nine assists. He had help all game long, though, especially from 3-point range.
Jerome Robinson chipped in 23 points while Jordan Chapman dropped in 22 of his own. But Boston College scored 12 of the next 14 points, getting a pair of 3-pointers from Robinson. Trent led five Duke players in double figures with a career-high 25 points, but it was not enough to earn the victory. The Eagles have won three straight games against the No. 1 team in The Associated Press Top 25.
- Capital Trust (BXMT) Earns Outperform Rating from Analysts at Wells Fargo & Company
- Iraq's military says it is 'totally liberated' from ISIS
- Snow in Atlanta? Airlines waive fees, cancel more than 160 flights
- As Fires Spread Across Los Angeles, Museums and Galleries Close
- Chevron Corporation (CVX) Shares Sold by Voya Investment Management LLC
- Severe weather warning issued for North of England
- Bitcoin soars above $17000, boosting worries and a worldwide frenzy
- Monster Hunter World Beta Download Live, Size 5.47 GB Only
- Dead After Crash on I-270 in Montgomery County
- Omega Collection announced at PSX 2017