Former president Asif Zardai called on Tahir ul Qadri at the Minhajul Quran Secretariat in Lahore and held a meeting, also attended by Khurram Nawaz Gandapur, Manzoor Watto and Qamar Zaman Kaira. "After this report, he (Shehbaz) stands condemned".
Punjab government on Tuesday released the report of the judicial inquiry carried out into the 2014 Model Town incident hours after larger bench of the Lahore High Court (LHC) ordered the government to release the report regarding the incident which left at least 14 people dead and several others injured.
The party delegation is meeting with the PAT chief on the latter's invitation to Zardari, Shah said in a media talk in Islamabad. Now we will not tolerate Shehbaz. He also hinted at a political alliance with PAT in the coming future.
Sana and other government functionaries are claiming that Justice Najfi'f report has not fixed responsibility and it has not blamed anyone by name for the police massacre.
The PAT chief alleged the entire operation had been conducted under the supervision of Rana Sanaullah.
When asked why Zahid Hamid was made to resign as federal law minister on the demand of a religious pressure group, he rejected this impression.
NGT says AoL damaged Yamuna floodplain, but limits cost to Rs 5cr
If the restoration costs more that the Rs 5 crore deposited by the, the AoL would have to pay the extra. It should have considered the request for permission in accordance with environmental laws in force.
The two leaders agreed to bring the people responsible for the Model Town massacre to justice, sources said.
During a phone call, Khan assured Qadri that PTI would join PAT if it chose to launch protest against government's failure to nab the culprits.
Asked if the PPP and PAT could make an electoral alliance, the PPP leader said leaders of both parties had so far discussed only the Model Town massacre and the situation emerged in Muslim world after USA acceptance of Jerusalem as Israel's capital. "Senior leaders of both parties will soon meet to work out a joint strategy", said a statement issued by PTI.
He repeated before the media the important points of the Model Town report in which the tribunal pointed fingers at Punjab Law Minister Rana Sanaullah and Shahbaz Sharif. "Both of them should be put behind bars immediately as Justice Baqir Najafi's report exposed all their lies about the incident", he said. He also said that Sanaullah and Punjab Chief Minister should face a terrorism case and should be in jail for the incident.
He reiterated his call for immediate resignation of Punjab CM and law minister, warning of launching a countrywide protest campaign if his demand was not met.
- US Recognition of Jerusalem as Israeli Capital an 'Appropriate Step': US Ambassador
- Rain and sleet Thursday, light snow possible overnight in Houston area
- Gareth Morgan Investments Limited Partnership Decreases Position in Exxon Mobil Corporation (XOM)
- Federal High Court judge resigns
- Crown Castle International Corporation (NYSE:CCI): Going Behind the Numbers
- Pfizer Inc. (PFE)'s Stock Formed A Several Months Double Top Pattern
- Kidnappers of Plateau PDP chairman 'demand N100m ransom'
- Swiss National Bank Decreases Holdings in Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. (NASDAQ:BBBY)
- Woman's body washes ashore at Juhu Beach
- RK Nagar nomination rejected, Vishal mourns 'death of democracy'